Aubergine Cuisine

Cozy vegetarian fine dining in the city centre. The menu changes weekly and includes wheat-free and dairy-free choices. Suitable for groups and parties. Around 2/3 of the menu is vegan and clearly marked. Previously was Squeek restaurant. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, British, English, Western, Beer/Wine
23-25 Heathcoat St (Hockley)
Nottingham, England NG1 3AG
+44-0115-9555560

Open Tue-Sat 5-11pm, Sun 12-4pm.

• Reservations required

First Review by Stevie
Libra77
Libra77

Love this place :-)

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2014

I have been here twice in the last month and am going back this week, the food is that good! The staff are very friendly, knowledgable and helpful, they provide wonderful service. The food is fresh, flavourful and interesting. The tofu and roasted vegetable salad I had was an array of beautiful colours extremely well presented and put together that it was almost a shame to eat it! I did however and it tasted just as good as it looked. I have also had desserts which again are very tasty, the carrot and ginger cake with ice cream was a real treat. I'm pretty sure this will become a regular place for me even though I don't live nearby unfortunately. Highly recommend, my only very slight criticism is that it it's not open at lunch times.

Pros: Freshly cooked food full of flavour, Staff are lovely, Good food choice for vegans
Cons: Not open at lunch times
KitKat1350
KitKat1350

great place for a date!

5 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2014

We turned up on a Friday night without a booking and the staff found a table for us with no problem!

The seasonal menu was varied and delicious and all the wines are vegan-friendly.

I need to find another excuse to take my date here again!

Superfry
Superfry

Very Tasty Vegan Options

5 Posted on 02 / 27 / 2014

Really friendly staff and a lovely atmosphere. Food was fantastic.

Pros: Excellent food, Good for posh animal friendly food, Lovely staff and service
Cons: Quite high prices but worth it.
RoseVonVegan
RoseVonVegan

Absolutely excellent food! Amazing improvements!

5 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2013

I went here on a visit to Nottingham the other day. The place has really improved since my last visit a few years ago - when it was good, just not excellent. It is now matching the standard of my favourite restaurants (think Tibits or Vitao in London, that sort of style and standard).

Really absolutely delicious food and for quite a reasonable price. The service was also first class and fast.

This is now the standard of restaurant that makes it a must visit, worth a day trip from nearby Derby, Mansfield or even Sheffield!

Pros: Delicious food with great variety, Menu changes every two months, Friendly, helpful and personal service
Cons: It's in Nottingham. I don't live there..
anarchistanimal
anarchistanimal

Sophisticated and delicious

5 Posted on 07 / 29 / 2012

Superb restaurant with beautifully prepared and presented food. The majority of the menu was vegan, with plenty of gluten-free options (the gf options aren't marked on the menu, but just ask). We had the Jamaican jerk tofu and the British sheperdless pie. Both were perfect. The workers were friendly and helpful. A little pricey, but definitely worth it.

Pros: Delicious, Creative
Cons: A little pricey, but worth it

rageofdiscipline
rageofdiscipline

Lovely.

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2012

I visited Aubergine Cuisine earlier this year with my partner and absolutely loved it! Service was excellent, very friendly. Food was gorgeous and I it's a nice addition that they change the menu each month. Hope to visit again very soon!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff
veganfreak101
veganfreak101

Loved Squeek but Aubergine Cuisine is even better!

5 Posted on 03 / 17 / 2012

My husband and I have just been for a fantastic meal here. The service was top class,really lovely people running the place. The food came quickly,was brilliant and portions were a nice size. It's one of the best restaurants we've been to. I love that the menu changes regularly and 90% of the options were vegan as well as them offering wheat and gluten free options.

Pros: Great vegan options, lovely staff, lovely restaurant
Cons: slightly pricey
rachell37
rachell37

Not good value for money

2 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2010

My husband and I visited Squeek on 2 July 2010. I was told before we went to Nottingham that Squeek could be a bit hit and miss, but I was optimistic. We were expecting more for the price (£15.95 each for two courses). His meal was more substantial than mine, while I essentially got two potatoes, a few cabbage leaves, and two mushrooms stuffed with bean puree. While the stuffed mushrooms were delicious, the potatoes and cabbage (swimming in an unknown sauce) were underseasoned and bland. My husband's dessert was OK, but my amaretto and raspberry ice cream cake was odd. I was expecting a raspberry sauce or puree but instead was greeted with full-size frozen raspberries layered with ice cream and cake. The texture was off-putting, to say the least.

We were definitely expecting better food from a 100% veg*n establishment, especially for the price, and considering the amount of competition they have.

Pros: friendly staff, central location
Cons: overpriced
guy jones
guy jones

Squeek is the Best

5 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2009

Not just the best vegetarian restaurant in Nottingham but probably one of the best restaurants of any kind in Nottingham. Great prices too.
Visit you tube for a taster.

Pros: great food, menu changes monthly, really nice people
hunt3349
hunt3349

Excellent!

5 Posted on 11 / 13 / 2008

We had a wonderful evening at Squeek. The staff are friendly, the food is excellent and the atmosphere is just right. It's very popular restaurant so it's best to book a table in advance!

Pros: good food, reasonable, friendly
spaine
spaine

very satisfied

5 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2008

Squeeze was central and easy enough to find. Beautiful place great atmosphere created as the staff are very friendly and very interesting and beatiful deco. Food was cheap (went on student night) and loved the meal, it was a set choice so if you want variety to choose from go for the slightly more expensive full menu. Very happy and would advise anyone to check it out!

Pros: great atmopshere, friendly staff, reasonable priced
Cons: may need to be patient!!
Ruby Rose
Ruby Rose

Good value - good vegan choice

5 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2008

Had a great meal here last week whilst attending a conference in Nottingham. My party included vegans, veggies and omnis, and everyone enjoyed their meals. Great to have a full vegan menu available too. Will definitely return next time I'm in the area.

Pros: Good value, Great choice for vegans, Vegan wines available
Guest
Guest

Wow!

5 Posted on 02 / 14 / 2008

What a fantastic restaurant; incredible organic food which was wonderfully presented and delightful in both texture and taste. Our party of six had no problem choosing from the menu; which had a good variety of dishes from stews to curries. The ravioli starter and feta tartlet main were both popular choices, as was the tarte citron. All of our dishes were definitely worth revisiting.The drinks menu was extensive, with a wide choice of soft and alcoholic beverages.The staff were friendly and very helpful, even providing a delicious and calorific chocolate birthday cake..thank you chef!
We all enjoyed the welcoming atmophere of Squeek and would have no hestitation in returning.
Great food, relaxed atmosphere and good value for money...become a Squeek devotee!

Pros: friendly staff, perfect portions
Hoveringdog
Hoveringdog

Amazing

5 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2007

I've been to more than a dozen fully-vegetarian restaurants in several different countries, and this is still my all-time favorite.

The food was fantastic, not only delicious, but expertly presented. The environment was homey without feeling antiquated. The services was a bit "eccentric", to be honest, but seriously charming. And the management is clearly concerned with its customers' ethical concerns: Even the soap in the bathroom was vegetarian-friendly.

All around, the best veggie restaurant I've been to yet. If you're in the area, go by all means, and bring your friends.

Pros: excellent food, gorgeous presentation, friendly staff
Cons: can get crowded
MissAnthropik
MissAnthropik

The best vegie in nottingham

5 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2007

I adore Squeek - I would go every week if only my purse and waistline would allow it! I always struggle to choose, usually wanting 3 or 4 things and vowing to come back soon and have the others, you have to be quick though otherwise they will have changed the menu!

I have always found the starters and main courses to be without competition. I feel somewhat let down by the puddings though, they sound so tempting, and indeed are nice, but just nice, not anything more, which seems a shame at the end of the meal.

If there are enough of you and you pre-book you have a selection of lots of things in small portions for sharing, which sounds great, and my guests did enjoy it, but to be honest, this was not up to par with their normal fare. I wouldn't order in this way again.

The portion sizes are good, and the set menu prices are very reasonable. I have never eaten any of these "extras" that others talk about, and always leave feeling fully satisfied. Non-meat eating guests of mine have always enjoyed the experience too.

Pros: lots of choice, good value, friendly service
Cons: puddings are average only
Dillo50
Dillo50

• non-vegetarian

What a find!

5 Posted on 09 / 18 / 2007

What a treat for my veggie friend! She had so much choice for once. She thought she had died and gone to heaven! I'm not veggie or vegan but we BOTH enjoyed the wonderful fresh food, excellent choice and friendly atmosphere. The staff were really helpful and we loved the decor, even the quirky loos. We will be regulars from now on.Thank-you Squeek for making our day!

Pros: Delicious food, Good choice, Friendly staff
Stevie
Stevie

Squeek, Nottingham

4 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2006

A few years since I've eaten here but I remember it as a perfectly pleasant enough eating experience.

Dear Owner and Manager of Aubergine Cuisine: