Still named Au Lac but became a franchise of Loving Hut. Serves an extensive menu of rice and noodle dishes with fresh veggies and mock meats, and soups. Located 100 meters east of Dong Da St. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Vietnamese

First Review by Ranks42
rusty shakleford
rusty shakleford

Great!

4 Posted on 05 / 15 / 2014

So much yumminess for 30k ($1.50)! My go to com chay spot in town.

Pros: Great value
Cons: Brown rice or wild rice would be nice op
Ranks42
Ranks42

Delightful Place for a Relaxed Meal

4 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2014

I was delighted to find this restaurant and ate there several times during my brief stay in Da Nang. The food is extremely affordable (30,000 VND; $1.50 for most entrees), and you can work your way through the menu in a few visits. The staff does not speak much English, but they will steer you in the right direction if you're not sure what to order (com dishes include rice, bun and mi dishes are noodle based). The atmosphere is calm and quiet, with a TV above the exit usually providing some background distraction. Complementary tea and condiments sit on every table and are regularly refreshed by the helpful staff. In three visits, I liked every dish that I tried. All food is served within a minute or two of ordering. My favorite was the bún thịt nướng.
Updated from previous review on Saturday January 11, 2014

Pros: excellent food, good value, good staff
Cons: distracting television

Dear Owner and Manager of Au Lac: