CLOSED: Atzavara

Offers a vegetarian and macrobiotic menu. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Macrobiotic, Take-out
Muntaner 109 (Mallorca)
Barcelona, Spain 08036

Open Mon-Thur 1-3:30pm, Fri-Sat 1-3:30, 9-11pm, closed Sun.

• Reservations required
  • Wheelchair accessible

First Review by happyvegetarian
daikonlover
daikonlover

Very macrobiotic - good for you

Posted on 02 / 11 / 2012

We went there for late lunch - lucky us to get a table. Lunch is a set three courses meal. The size is just right - we had ravioli/soup followed by tasty brown rice/tofu burger and finished off with dessert of your choice. The portion is just right not too much and by the end of the meal, we feel we were really nourished. We went back again the next day during peak lunch hour so we didn't get a table.
I think this is one of the best vegetarian/macrobiotic meal in Barcelona.
Definitely worth a try.

Pros: Well balance meal, Right portion, Healthy and nourishing
Tara HD
Tara HD

Didn't live up to our expectations

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2012

I was very curious about this place since they advertise their creative cuisine and their experienced chef. I went there together with my partner and a friend. I had made a reservation in advance (which was confirmed) but they knew nothing about it. They seated us close to the bathrooms and there was a quite strong smell of cleaning agents.

Several items on the menu were not available. Everything seemed a little disorganized.

There was a promotion that day and they asked us for a voucher which we didn't have (since we knew nothing of the promotion) but they gave us a complementary aperitif anyway. That was nice.

We ordered salads and as main dish I had a vegan Paella. My partner and friend both had a dish with banana. We thought it would be with plantain, thus a savory dish, but in fact it was with sweet banana.

I liked both my salad and the Paella very much, though I have eaten better vegan Paella before. My partner and friend were not completely satisfied with their main dish. It was creative, true, but not in a way that would make them go there again.

happyvegetarian
happyvegetarian

A must vegetarian and macrobiotic restaurant

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2011

For me one of the best vegetarian and macrobiotic restaurants in Barcelona. I'm mostly vegetarian, and the slogan "A restaurant where it's very easy to be vegetarian" is totally true. The food was all very fresh and well presented, really creative cuisine. Don't miss it, it's a must!

Pros: Healthy cuisine, friendly staff, Excellent chef

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Atzavara: