Serves meat, veg options available. African cuisine menu featuring vegan suitable as well raw food. Opened in early 2012. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, African, American, Juice bar, Raw, Non-veg

First Review by Megan McDonnell
Freegan Reich
Freegan Reich

Good concept- please keep working on it!

3 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2012

I think this place is interesting and want to support it. It's in a really good location with lots of vegans and I think that the owner needs to realize that if she makes it all vegan more people are going to flock to it. Tuna and chicken is just not cool, but I do like the fact that this food is super health-centric instead of fried and greasy like some of the nasty vegan Philly Cheesesteaks around- like you can get some good juices and raw foods. BUT PLEASE, make the place all-vegan, PLEASE! Just do it for us! : O

Pros: location , super POC-positive- cool space! , can sit outdoors
Cons: in some weird and ugly building , super close to the street! , NOT VEGAN! : (
AmberSonshine
AmberSonshine

Yummy!

4 Posted on 03 / 16 / 2012

Very lovely atmosphere and delicious food. While there I met some wonderful people, one who was playing the keyboard for our dining entertainment. LOVE!

Megan McDonnell
Megan McDonnell

Not Vegan, but Vegan Friendly

2 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2010

This restaurant is not vegan and needs to advertise what they really serve which is mostly chicken and tuna sandwiches and the offer some raw and some vegan/vegetarian. The vegan food was not worth the trip. If they have a goal of being vegan I think that is great and they should spend more time developing those areas.

Pros: exposing to new community
Cons: high fat, not creative
  • AmberSonshine AmberSonshine

I'm sorry that would NOT be false advertisement lol.

• AmberSonshine AmberSonshine

I am vegan and felt that the food was good, they have raw foods available and vegan cake. I like the area and the people, but all food doesn't fit everyone's taste. It would be nice it they had some more options but overall it was a great experience. They are listed here as veg friendly not vegetarian so that would be false advertisement.

Dear Owner and Manager of Atiya Ola's Cafe: