Serves meat, veg options available. Will accommodate vegans upon request. Choose tofu as the "meat" option. Quick service. Casual atmosphere. Price: Moderate more-less
Vietnamese, Thai, Asian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
459 N Harbor City Blvd (US1 at Ballard)
Melbourne, Florida 32935
321-255-6471

Open Mon-Sat for lunch and dinner.

First Review by Veg62
CynthiaNC
CynthiaNC

Is this the best Asian food in the area?

2 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2014

Perhaps Asian Gourmet has changed since the last review, or may be we've been to many Asian restaurants, but our group was not impressed on our recent visit. The decor is badly in need of up dating. The food was just so-so. We were embarrassed to have talked our friends into going there.

Pros: Fast Service
Cons: Grimy appearance, So-so food
toddeasley1
toddeasley1

A Vegan Visiting Melbourne

4 Posted on 10 / 24 / 2013

I live in Miami and I was visiting family in Melbourne. I am vegan and found this place using the Happy Cow App. It was a very good experience. The waitress who was very busy..took her time to explain a couple of food items and the owner was very nice and she spoke both of us about different topics after we finished our meals even though the restaurant was closed. Great place

Pros: Friendly Waitress And Owner.
Cons: Slow Service, But Only One Waitress and one Cook, Not Full Vegan/vegetarian.
Healthy Mama
Healthy Mama

DELECTABLE!!!!

4 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2013

Even if you're not sure about Vietnamese food, do yourself a favor and visit Maria at Asian Gourmet. This is a small, family-owned and operated restaurant that offers the most delicious, conscienciously prepared food you will ever taste. Make sure to tell the server you are vegan when you order and they will alter the sauce to ensure it's vegan.

There are very few items on the menu that she cannot make vegan. The crispy rice noodles are amazing (although it has eggs), the Bun (salad with glass noodles, sprouts, etc.) is light and delicious. If you prefer a stronger flavor and don't mind a little kick, the Vietnamese Curry and spicy Thai Salad will leave you wanting to return.

The only drawback is that they are slow. I often order, then go next door to Nature's Market to shop for groceries and return just as the food is getting to the table. But, the reason for the wait is that everything is prepared fresh, which is very much worth the wait.

I wanted to give them five cows, but the system will not let me because it's not all vegan. With that many vegan options, it definitely deserves the full five cows, so disregard the rating and consider it as five cows!

Update: 8/2013: Nature's Market no longer next door, but they have sped up their service considerably. Food is still AMAZING
Updated from previous review on Sunday July 20, 2008

Pros: Delectable Food, Warm atmosphere, Conscienciously prepared vegan

Romdobe
Romdobe

Excellent food-moderate prices

4 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2012

We had the best green papaya salad this side of Vietnam. The wait staff was efficient and friendly.

Pros: Excellent food, Moderately priced
Jaya Krishna
Jaya Krishna

The Bomb

4 Posted on 09 / 08 / 2011

Maria, the owner home makes everything. Her Veggy stock for the Vegan Natalies soup is unreal!. You can choose tofu and veg with any sauce..Ginger, Curry, Lemongrass, she will not only make it vegan but gluten free if it suits your need. Vietnamese ans Thai salads are fab. Bun(salad meal with noodles and tofu), Pho(soup meal, noodles, veg, tofu) AWESOME!!

Pros: food made with love, healthy, delicious
Cons: takes a long time to get served
lisajoy
lisajoy

Delicious and Friendly

4 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2010

Small place next to the fish market. Smells good as soon as you walk in. Owner and employees are super friendly and warm. Food is delicious. We especially loved the curry. They ask if you're vegan and cook accordingly. I'm just in town visiting, but wish I was here long enough to take a Saturday morning cooking class. I've been here twice already and I'll probably go 2 more times before I leave Melbourne.

Pros: delicious, super friendly staff, healthy
Veg62
Veg62

A dining experience

4 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2010

I agree totally with the first review that I read back in January when I was planning our trip to Florida and looking for Vegan restaurants. We travelled from New Hampshire and after visiting the Kennedy Space Center we followed the directions on our GPS to this restaurant. What a treat. It was the best meal that I had in our 7 day trip. Maria was so attentive and treated us like family. She is such a sweet lady and an incredible cook. Her peanut sauce is the best. I didn't want to leave. I recommend this restaurant highly and my recommendation comes from experience as I cook myself and once owned a restaurant in Portsmouth, N.H. that is still in operation. I feel that I do know food and appreciate especially great food and great service. You will find both at this restaurant. Thank you Maria!

Again, my rating is really 5 cows but because it is not all veggie I couldn't choose 5.

Pros: healthy cuisine, friendly staff, good value

Dear Owner and Manager of Asian Gourmet: