An Asian grocery store with a vegan bulk section, including 6 pounds of organic tofu for $4.95. Products come in from India, Japan, China, Korea, and Vietnam. more-less
5224 York Rd
Baltimore, Maryland 21212
410-323-8738
OPEN NOW

Mon-Sat 9:00am-6:30pm

First Review by DavidHiebel
DavidHiebel
DavidHiebel

A wonderful market for all my weird ingredients.

Posted on 04 / 22 / 2014

I love this market and shop here frequently. It is well stocked with all kinds of lentils, grains, dried veggies/mushrooms/fruits, sauces, TOFU ($5 for 6lbs!), vegan seafood, and the list goes on. It's rare that I can't find a non-perishable that I am looking for (I hope they get lobster mushrooms).

The staff is very friendly, courteous, and helpful. Even though English is not their first language, they manage to conduct business well. Their prices are awesome! They are not super crowded like H-Mart and friendlier.

Their produce section is pretty limited, but it has some nice selections: ginger, garlic, and other root veggies as well as an occasional cassava.

It's about the size of a small super market (maybe a little smaller than Eddies).

I always leave with a smile on my face.

Pros: inexpensive, large variety of non-perishables, not overly crowded
Cons: small produce section, Only open until 6 pm.

Dear Owner and Manager of Asia Food: