CLOSED: Aseana Kitchen

Serves Chinese style vegetarian food, including soup made from traditional herbs. Staff speaks English. Open 11:30am-3pm, 5:30pm-9pm. Located opposite the Kuala Lumpur Hospital, about halfway between Chow Kit and Titiwangsa Monorail Stations on Jalan Pahang, just north of Grand Seasons hotel. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Take-out
20-6 Jalan Pahang, Setapak (Jalan Tun Razak and Jalan Ipoh)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 53000
0192403228

First Review by vegan mikal
Tofulicious
Tofulicious

Great food, good prices, friendly management

Posted on 04 / 25 / 2012

I came upon this eatery by mistake whilst wasting a day trying to get out to Batu Caves, and decided to drown my sorrows in what remained of their bain marie offerings. The food was great; the owner charming and friendly; and the usual good budget prices for eateries of this nature (around RM 4.50 for a full plate).

Pros: Tasty food, friendly service, great prices
Cons: closes too early!
roberttog
roberttog
  • non-vegetarian

Good vegetarian mock food

Posted on 01 / 29 / 2010

Have just returned from 3weeks holiday in Malaysia,with my wife and son,while looking around KLCC,we discovered this vegetarian restaurant.My wife loves vegetarian food so we decided to try some chinese vegetarian food.I've never tried this mock food before and was very surprised to find the taste and flavours closely resembled the actual food it was imitating.We found it to be good value for money,the manager was friendly and the staff very effecient. The place was very clean as were the toilets. The place also had air-conditioning which was a good escape from the heat outside.Highly recommended.

vegan mikal
vegan mikal

Great value all round!

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2010

This place opened in late 2009 and is located just opposite the big Kuala Lumpur Hospital and is very easy to get to (5 minutes walking from either Titiwangsa or Chow Kit monorail stations). Both the owner and the manager were really friendly on the night I visited. I had a great personalised introduction to the items on the menu, and they suggested dishes to me that would satisfy me that night for dinner and for the take-away lunch I was going to buy for the next day also.

The food is good mock-meat fare, with some unusual choices thrown in. Prices are not street food level, but are lower than some of the nearby mock-meat restaurants. And the service was impeccable.

I would strongly recommend this place for anyone who wants to taste authentic Malaysian veggie and vegan cuisine. It is really good value in all respects.

Pros: great variety, low prices, excellent customer service

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Aseana Kitchen: