Asasse Pa Vegan Restaurant

Vegan restaurant featuring a mix of international and traditional Ghanaian dishes. Also serves fresh juices and other drinks. Part of the Asasse Pa Health Resort. Open-air dining area on the beachfront. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Western, International, Juice bar, Ghanaian
Buelah Rd, Bakaano (/East of Metropolitan Hospital)
Cape Coast, Ghana

First Review by H
misspurpleann
misspurpleann

Delicious vegan food

4 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2013

The community is located on the beach on the road towards cape coast coming from Ivory Coast. There is an extensive menu and fresh juices. The staff is very friendly. The food came after about 20 minutes as all is freshly made. The food is very good and plenty, i took a doggy bag as couldnt finish it all. It s very cheap! Highly recommended.

Pros: Quality, Staff, Location
NaomiBlack
NaomiBlack

Not the best

3 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2013

I am personally removing my negative review of Asasse Pa restaurant as the current manager has stated the staff, who were employed during the period my review clearly and specifically referred, have been replaced. It was a gross assumption on the managers part to state that I knew of these changes as I am no longer in Ghana. My review was in no way biased by resentment as the manager unfortunately tries to excuse, but was an honest depiction of the restaurant according to how I experienced it as a PAYING customer between 2010-2011. Had any other reviewer made the same complaints, the manager would not have addressed the review in the same way as he did me, but would have explained that corrections have since been made, as that is what is most important. Also, all concerns were addressed with management, who DURING THE TIME that I directly specified in my review(2010-2011)did not respond. Ben Or, the current manager, can not speak for that period of time as he was not manager of the restaurant then.
For clarity I was employed with the SPA not Asasse Pa RESTAURANT. Both are businesses at the Health Resort. I did not say that I worked at the health resort where the restaurant is located because I reserved the right to keep my anonymity. If me writing a review for the restaurant violates any terms because I worked within an affiliated business on the compound, then I willingly accept Happy Cow withdrawing my review completely.
Moreover, the fact that the staff has been completely replaced may actually, in fact, testify to the accuracy of my review. I am glad to hear these necessary changes have been made and am sure the restaurant is striving for excellence under the management of Ben Or who has always been committed to bettering the resort overall.

Pros: truly 100% vegan, smoke-free, open ocean view
ben_ohr2005
ben_ohr2005

Response to Naomi Black's Review on June 28, 2012

4 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2012

On behalf of HappyCow and its valued subscribers trusting in reliable information, Asasse Pa Management feels that it is our duty to expose Ms. Naomi Black's review on June 28th, 2012 as abuse of your website's service.

To add clarity to the matter, Ms. Black has not been totally open and honest about her association with Asasse Pa. She is a former employee of the resort who left on resentful terms with the former management team. We can provide photos to verify the truth of her prior employment with us here.

What she has failed to disclose about herself, is that IF she witnessed the things she is reporting about Asasse Pa, then she had every opportunity as a responsible employee to be a part of the solution. However, as you can see she has not expressed any effort, on her part of having done so. Especially since there ARE a limited number of vegan eating options in the Cape Coast area for vegans to choose from.

Secondly, she is fully aware that the restaurant has changed management since her departure, and that the restaurant personnel that was in place during her time of employment has since been replaced with a 100% new staff from the cooks on down to the waitresses, and utility staff members.

It is without a doubt that Ms. Black's posting is out of spite and bitterness. Despite other more recent postings of happy and satisfied HappyCow subscribers who have patronized our establishment under the new management and staff, she has maliciously decided to ignore and discredit them by her comments.

This is, in no way, an objective assessment of our establishment. In 2010 and 2011 our restaurant received positive reviews by the Ghana Tourism Board, and have continued to strive for excellence on behalf of all our patrons. Especially the vegan community in West Africa and those that visit as tourist seeking to find good service and quality vegan food.

In closing, we welcome and encourage HappyCow or any other interested parties to come and visit our restaurant unannounced at any time to conduct an objective review of our establishment.

Sincerly,

Asasse Pa Health Resort
Ben Or
Manager

H
H

Very chill spot

5 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2012

The restaurant is right on the beach, so it was a super chill spot to relax and unwind after being so busy in the city for so long. The people are very friendly and committed to promoting good health and were a joy to interact with. The food was a bit pricier than the Asasse Pa in Accra, but hey, location location location! I had a veggie burger, a veggie pie, a tofu kebab and a hibiscus/ginger drink. The kebab was bland, the veggie pie had a very delectable and warm crust which I enjoyed, and the veggie burger was pretty good, a little dry but good. I would definitely go again, even just for the atmosphere! To get there from the busy market in town, you take a shared taxi (about 70 peseweh a person) in the direction of "Olaa" or "Bakaano" or "Metropolitan Hospital." But if you just say "Asasse Pa" most the drivers know since it's not a big city and they'll drop you right in front.
Updated from previous review on Saturday April 21, 2012

Pros: On the Beach, very clean, nice people
Cons: waited 1 hour for the veggie burger

Dear Owner and Manager of Asasse Pa Vegan Restaurant: