Serves meat, veg options available. Natural cuisine restaurant. Serves fresh bread, vegetable dishes, cereals, fish, and pasta. Sells breads and organic products. This location has a courtyard and wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Mediterranean, Take-out, Non-veg
Gorriti 5996 (Arevalo)
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible
  • Cash only

First Review by vitaya
TLC Veg.
TLC Veg.

Not much for Vegans

Posted on 05 / 23 / 2014

I was disappointed to find only one Vegan option at this Vegetarian restaurant. The free bread that was served was gummy and came with a tasteless dip. I loved the vibe and the staff was wonderful. I really wanted to love it .

Pros: The staff was super friendly , Nice place
Cons: lacking Vegan options, Could use more flavour
sofifagnilli
sofifagnilli

Good food, poor attention.

Posted on 06 / 09 / 2012

I like this restaurant very much!! The main courses are simply delicious and full fulling, specially the lentils burger and quinoa croquettes with yogurt sauce.

The one thing (important!) that keeps me from visiting artemisia more often is the attention. It always seems like the waiters would rather be anywhere but there. Last time I went was at midday, we got our order very fast (which is a big plus) BUT we spent an entire hour with our empty, dirty plates in front of us with not one but 3 waiters passing by in front of us all the time and not noticing that we had already finished. To top it all off, we asked one of the waitresses for the dessert menu (twice) and she never brought it, we even asked the cashier!

It was odd because we went at rush hour of lunch and we got our order fast, and by the time we finished it there were a lot less of full tables than when we arrived, so I don't know how on earth they didn't noticed our dirty plates in front of us for an hour, or why the waitress wouldn't bring us the dessert menu, when we asked three times in total. There were two more waiters working that day.

At the end, we had to go pay at the desk where the cashier was because we were just sick of waiting. We were planning on having dessert but...It wasn't the day.

I think we are going to come back because the food is fantastic, but I hope that a situation like that won't happen again. I will have to check out the one in Cabrera, in search of better attention.

Pros: excellent food
Cons: bad attention
Saffronmom
Saffronmom

NIce vegetarian options

Posted on 04 / 20 / 2012

I went to Artemisia in March 2012 and after searching for it on a Monday discovered they are closed on Mondays. I returned on a Thursday night with 4 meat-eaters in tow! The bread was lovely and the ambience very welcoming. As we were all english-speaking it helped that they had an english version of the menu, which other places didn't have. I had the quinoa croquettes, nice crunchy little pieces with accompaniments that filled me up. I was concerned for my meat-eating compatriots as that night there was only one meat dish on the menu- salmon I think. But they were more than satisfied by the veg options and enjoyed the veg ravioli, fresh mixed salads and the polenta lasagne even drew admiration from one with a french-gourmet cooking background. The service was good and we drank organic wine that was quite palatable. The meat-eaters said it was a welcome relief from the daily steak that Argentina has on offer and I was just happy to be somewhere where I was spoilt for choice for a change!

Pros: english version menu, great bread selection, organic wine
Cons: some meat on menu, closed on mondays

Blacklizard
Blacklizard

Our favorite restaurant in BA!

Posted on 10 / 16 / 2011

We have been living in BA for six months, and have eaten at many of the restaurants on the Happy Cow list. However, we keep coming back to Artemisia, which we love for the diverse menu, the beautiful surroundings and ambiance, and the friendly owner and staff. We have tried both Artemisia locations, and they both are nice, but we prefer the beautiful setting of the Gorriti location. The menu is the same at each location. The menu is virtually 100% vegetarian, with only one or two fish dishes, so you have many interesting choices. There are specials and a menu of the day as well. Our absolute favorite is the lentil burger (great patty, bun and sauce, with side of potatoes and salad), but the eggplant milanesa sandwich also is excellent, the quinoa crocantes are good, and there are many good salads. We did not like the fish dish or the lasagna (not your conventional tomato sauce-based lasagna) as much. The staff has been very accommodating when we have asked for omissions or changes to the menu offerings. Also, they play grea

The ambience is quintessential BA, in our opinion -- huge windows, classic BA corner, a cute interior courtyard plus limited outdoor seating as well. The interior is very airy and attractive. They play great music. They make a wonderful selection of baked bread and other goods, and you receive a generous sampling of the bread with your meal. Nice place to go even just for coffee. They serve food all day, which is a welcome relief from other BA restaurants that only serve lunch or dinner during certain limited hours. Certainly our favorite restaurant in BA, and really one of the very best vegetarian restaurants we have been to anywhere!

Pros: Many good vegetarian choices, Can ask that things be made vegan, Wonderful atmosphere
Cons: Cash only, Service slow at times
vitaya
vitaya

Very nice place

Posted on 01 / 22 / 2011

They prepare their dishes using very attractive flavors. The service is good although sometimes they are quite exceeded. They serve heathy food and drinks. Handmade bread is available for taking out.

Pros: Excellent dishes, Nice atmosphere, Handmade breads.

Dear Owner and Manager of Artemisia - Gorriti: