Artemisa Sol - Gran Via

Vegetarian restaurant. Offers a daily menu. May 2014 owner reports menu is now all veg. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Spanish
Calle Tres Cruces 4, Gran Via
Madrid, Spain 28013

Open Mon-Thur, Sun 1:30-4pm, 8:30-11:30pm, Fri-Sat 1:30-4pm, 9pm-12am.

First Review by PaulBrennan
Maddita
Maddita

Really bad.

2 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2014

I went with three friends and only one of them enjoyed their plate, which were the non-vegan "burgers" (which actually looked more like crackers). I had the Gazpacho and I couldn't finish it, I would rather eat the store bought from the box; tastes better and it's cheaper.

They gave us bread that tasted awful, we agreed that it had to be old; it was so dry and we still had to pay for that.

They could have more vegan desserts, there was only one option.

The service was OK, but not something to brag about either. The guy who served us was nice and all, he even spoke some English.

The place looks a bit dull and dark.

I would say this is a place for people who are very hungry and can't find any other vegetarian place to eat because they are tired of walking around.

Pros: Good sized portions, Central location, easy to find
Cons: Bad bread, Mediocre food, Dull environment
Tashaleiahh
Tashaleiahh

100% would recommend for vegans visiting Madrid!

4 Posted on 08 / 11 / 2013

Awesome place for dinner! English menu available, the waiter spoke almost no English but was very friendly and patient and we managed, and even learned a few new words! Food was incredible, went with 3 omnis and they were all very impressed. Lots of vegan menu items including dessert clearly marked on the menu, some vegetarian dishes had vegan dessert options as well. Wish I had time to go again!
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 11, 2013

Pros: Easy to find, Big, yummy portions, Friendly atmosphere
Cons: Language barrier
Helena By
Helena By

delicious)))

4 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2013

very cute cafe! after visiting him, lunch and dinner only in it) good portions, very nice inside, very tasty! We are pleased! this is the best vegetarian place in Madrid in our opinion! Thank you!

dagmaragogo
dagmaragogo

tasty upscale vegetarian cuisine

4 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2013

Nice space in a great location; vegan items have some unusual ingredients, such as pistachios; the vegan pate was like nothing I'd ever tasted before. It's upscale and a little pricey, but the food is elegant and hearty and filling.

Pros: location, quality
Cons: prices
Fer
Fer

Familiar restaurant

4 Posted on 02 / 03 / 2013

Finally, after offering veal and chicken they decide remove this products form the menu and became FULL VEGETARIAN again. They delete this products from the external board yesterday. CONGRATULATIONS. A dozen of tables in a familar ambience. Many vegan options marked V in the menu. Big rations size. Moderate price a full meal cost 20 to 25 euros.

Pros: Vegan options, Big rations, Varied menu
Cons: Moderate price
PaulBrennan
PaulBrennan

Great food, but needs better presentation

2 Posted on 10 / 15 / 2012

I'm alone on business in Madrid, and this restaurant is literally around the corner from my hotel. Though I'm not veggie, my wife is, so I thought I'd check it out with a view to maybe taking her there on a future leisure trip as a couple.
So, I went on a Monday evening, and predictably the place was empty apart from one other lone diner. That's not a problem for me, but I would advise that people looking for a bustling busy atmosphere should create their own by visiting in a group. The decor is a little bit dated too. Lots of old varnished pine furniture and wood cladding. On the positive side, the menu is extensive, with lots of choice and plenty of vegan dishes and vegan-versions of the vegetarian dishes. The portions are large too. Arrive hungry! Plus, the waiter I had spoke very good English and was very hospitable.
I was first given a complimentary taster plate of the guacamole and tortilla chips and it was very very good. Chunky and refreshing.
I ordered a starter of Leek Quiche and a huge piece arrived. But sadly it had been rushed to the table, hadn't been heated through and was still cold inside. So I sent it back to the kitchen and once properly heated it was delicious.
For the main course, I had the Pastel Persa - which translates as Persian Cake, but actually comprises long slices of eggplant/aubergine stuffed with mushroom paté and layered on top of each other with cheese in between. It was amazing. It came with risotto on the side. But again, there was a problem with the heating of the dish. It had been served on a cold plate, so although the Pastel Persa stayed hot, the risotto quickly cooled. That was a bit disappointing.
Anyway, despite the delicious looking desserts, I was full, so I finished with just a coffee. And that at least was hot.
To be fair, I had a chat with the manager at the end and I told him about the hot/cold issues, so hopefully, they will learn and readers of this review will not encounter the same thing.
In summary, I really enjoyed the food. It was just disappointing that it was let down by simple little mistakes in presentation.

Pros: Big variety, Friendly staff, Great tasting
Cons: Cold plates, Quiet, Dated decor

Dear Owner and Manager of Artemisa Sol - Gran Via: