Artemisa Huertas - Cortes

Feb 2013 reported to have removed meat and is all vegetarian again. Offers a daily menu for around €12. Vegan dishes are suitable for lactose intolerant and gluten intolerant, wheat is replaced by other flours (chickpea or corn). Metro: Sevilla, get off Carrera de San Jeronimo. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Spanish, International, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Parasol
plant-nation
plant-nation

Great find in Madrid

4 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2014

We liked this place so much we ate there 3 times on a short trip! Lots of menu variety and warm, friendly service.

Telsa
Telsa

Rico, pero caro

3 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2014

Recuerdo que la primera vez que fui apenas estaba empezando a informarme sobre el vegetarianismo, y , sinceramente, me sorprendió gratamente que la comida estuviera tan rica.
He vuelto bastantes veces y para mi gusto la calidad de los platos sigue siendo bastante buena.
Como pegas, puedo decir que es un restaurante pequeño, por lo que a veces puedes encontrarte con algo de cola lo que hace que el servicio pueda verse un poco saturado y que los precios son un poco elevados (al menos para mi bolsillo de estudiante).
Tambien hay que decir que la mayoría de opciones que hay en el menú son ovo-lacto-vegetarianas.

Pros: Location, Tasty food
Cons: Price, Small place
bleadof
bleadof

Sneaky prices

2 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2013

I ordered Berenjenas Toscanas which on the menu says costs €13,90 which already seemed quite expensive compared to restaurants I'd been in Barcelona, but the surprise came when I got the bill. The price hasn't included the tax. I did notice that it said that on the menu, but in a way you wouldn't notice it if you're not looking. And then also I was made to pay for the bread which I didn't order but was brought infront of me. I have compassion for the owners, but this kind of behaviour feels like hussling. It could be because they figured I'm a tourist.

In their favour I have to admit that the food was very tasty.

Pros: tasty food
Cons: openness about the prices, bad value
Fer
Fer

Another option

4 Posted on 02 / 03 / 2013

Same owners, menu and foot than Artemisa Gran Via. Only different place, waiters and deco.

paypar
paypar

Massive Portions, Busy, Unlimited Wine!

3 Posted on 12 / 19 / 2011

We came here for lunch as it was around the corner from the hotel we were staying at, the All Seasons Prado. It was extremely busy and packed but we were seated relatively quickly.

The lunch was prix fixe only and included unlimited wine (other options were available), appetizer, entree and dessert. It was just way too much food. My husband loved that they simply plunked down a bottle of wine at our table (white for him, red for me) and just let us drink away.

The food was not bad, definitely satisfying, but nothing exciting or gourmet. Neither one of us could make a dent in the entree because the appetizer was so filling.

Pros: colossal portion size, unlimited wine
Cons: colossal portion size, waitress did not speak english

matt goldman
matt goldman

oy vey!

2 Posted on 07 / 10 / 2011

i don't know what to say about this joint. it seems to me that with a crisis on their hands restaurants should be as accomadating as possible. the service was exaggeratedly slow, the food was edible however my wife wouldn't touch anything after the soup because of a supposed hair we found. enough said. the price was decent but we ate a third of the food and left hungry.

Pros: location, location, location
Cons: slow, hairy, divorce
jose alberto
jose alberto

Muy mala esperiencia.

1 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2011

Soy vegetariano desde hace 23 años y he visitado muchos restaurantes vegetarianos por todo el mundo ya que trabajo de piloto comercial.Decidi ir a comer a este restaurante porque estaba de escala en madrid.Tengo que decir para empezar que este no es un restaurante vegetariano porque tienen demasiado pollo, huevos y leche en sus menus.Por otro lado el servicio fue pesimo, estuve 10 minutos esperando en la entrada y nadie me hacia caso y eso que habia muy poca gente en el comedor.Tardaron otros 20 minutos en tomarme nota.Ya estaba desesperado pero como no tenia otra opcion espere y espere.Una vez que me trajeron la comida me resulto bastante insipida y grasienta y el precio me parecio muy caro.El local es demasiado pequeño con las mesas pequeñas y demasiado juntas y la iluminacion me parecio molesta.No recomiendo este sito a nadie.

miriamkadijk
miriamkadijk

"Don't waste your time or money!"

1 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2011

Went to the restaurant after reading the reviews but had a truly awful time. The food was terrible. I didn't even get what i ordered but the service was atrocious! Whatever happened to service with a smile?! The waitress was really slow in attending to us and it wasn't as though she was busy. The food seemed like it took forever in getting to us...there was a really long wait. Not once were we asked if everything was ok. When we asked for the bill there was at least a 10 minute wait and another 10 minutes were wasted on waiting for the change! Truly awful experience.

Midori
Midori

Good food, not many vegan choices

3 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2009

I was disappointed that there was no vegan menu del dia option, so I had to order a la carte. Still, I was very happy with the seitan dish I got; it was really tasty. On the whole menu, only the seitan and one tofu dish were vegan. The trouble with having only lacto-ovo menu del dia (prix fixe) choices is that vegans end up having to spend a lot more money for the same amount of food. Also, the atmosphere here was less lively than at any other restaurant we visited. We didn't return. Nonetheless, it was an okay meal. I would definitely make a note of it; in Madrid, you are going to need as long a list of veggie restaurants as you can possibly make, as you are probably not going to find vegan (or much vegetarian) food at regular restaurants.

Pros: good seitan
Cons: very few vegan choices, price
gisaster25
gisaster25

Good three-course lunch for €11.25

4 Posted on 12 / 26 / 2008

I recommend the three-course lunch menu for €11.25. Two of us went, ordering pasta salad and soup as our starters, a lasagna and plato combinado (very nice - potatoes, curry vegetables, hummus w/nacho, couscous salad) as mains, and I got soy pudding with raspberry sauce (not fantastic) for dessert while my friend traded in the dessert option for another beer or maybe it was a coffee. Service was efficient if not particularly friendly (our fault since we don't speak Spanish) and the food was pretty tasty and arrived quickly. Also, the beers were cheap. After lunch we walked to the Prado, which is only a few blocks away.

Pros: Good lunch, Food arrived quickly
Cons: Soy pudding
CO FF
CO FF

Can they nix the chix?

4 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2008

This was a great meal. We almost passed on it as being only "friendly" and not full-veg, until we noted that it was only 2 dishes (both chicken). Enough staff spoke enough English that (with my poor Castillian) I got comfortable that there were no animal fats in our food.

Great choices, nice space, good service.

Greysocialist
Greysocialist

Best welcome

4 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2008

This was the first Madrid restaurant we tried, because it is very central (a few streets from Sevilla, and very close to the jazz cafes Populart and Cafe Central). It's in a street with lots of restaurants. The welcome was wonderful, and soon we were nibbling tasty appetisers before our food came. There were three of us, and we had very different foods, but all well presented, and there was a selection of organic wine. We particularly liked the service and the helpful staff. We ate soon after 9, and it was a Sunday night, but it was filling up fast.
There are two non-vegetarian dishes, which the menu says are cooked separately, but we didn't see any sign of anyone eating them. Perhaps they could be encouraged to drop them . . .

Pros: staff and service, varied menu, location
Cons: two non-vegetarian dishes (unnecessary)
Stevie
Stevie

Artemesia, Ventura de la Vega, Madrid

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2007

Staff gave me an English language menu. The menu is predominantly ovo and/or lacto vegetarian. Staff were more than helpful when I asked what on the menu was vegan vegetarian. I had the port soup as a starter then the tofu in the ginger. Both were great. There is a non vegetarian section on the menu containing 2 dishes. I went with non veg*ns who enjoyed the 100% vegetarian food they ordered. Centrally located very close to Sevilla metro, also close to Sol metro. Gets very busy with people queueing for tables.

Pros: Tasy food, Helpful staff, Central
Cons: 2 non veggie dishes
Parasol
Parasol

Good Value

3 Posted on 09 / 21 / 2006

This restaurant is the first of six veg restaurants I visited over my time in Madrid. My companion and I rated it overall a 7/10.

The food was good - not great, not bad. We both had different options off of the set menu which costs a little over 10 Euro. It was a very filling meal. Staff did not speak English and menu of the day was written in script that was difficult to decipher.

Menu is mostly veg - a few items on the menu at the end had meat.

Pros: Good food, Good Value, Popular
Cons: Tacky decor, No English on set menu, Ambience (lacking)

Dear Owner and Manager of Artemisa Huertas - Cortes: