Serves meat, veg options available. Previously operated as Almanara, a pure veg place but no longer; same owner, cook, and vegetarian menu with added fish and meat. The veg choices include salads, soups, appetizers, main meals, and desserts. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Spanish, Mediterranean, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

jessgrif
jessgrif

great

Posted on 05 / 19 / 2015

I had seitan skewers and they were so delicious! Most dishes are available in a small tapas size too so it's worth getting several to share and try.

twoveganlovers
twoveganlovers

Un bon moment

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2015

L'accueil et le professionnalisme du personnel est très appréciable ! Le gérant parle plusieurs langues et il est très sympathique ! La couleur des assiettes et leurs saveurs sont au rendez-vous. On y retrouve des recettes andalouses et marocaines. Nous avons pu déguster un excellent couscous, des croquetas, du taboulé, des olives, des falafels, du veggieburger..! Tout était très bon !
Les prix sont très raisonnables !
Et le meilleur: la terrasse.
Par contre, il vous faudra certainement faire la queue..

Allez-y les yeux fermés!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, terrasse
Cons: busy
LirazMeir
LirazMeir

Excellent restaurant highly recommended

Posted on 04 / 22 / 2015

Good restaurant, usually busy, very tasty dishes, good prices. Is located in the beautiful and cool area. One problem: we ordered dishes waiter who did not understand English and even though we explained many times she brought us a dish with shrimp. it is important to ask to speak to an English speaking waiter.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday April 22, 2015

Cons: Should be more friendly to vegetarians

megs828
megs828

Decent

Posted on 03 / 02 / 2015

The good: waiter spoke English well, nice outside patio area, menu in English, vegan items marked on menu, various sizes to choose from for each tapa/entree, open all day.

The not so good: food was ok but nothing special, dressing on salad tapas was ok but a bit too much vinegar, only vegan dessert was a coconut rice pudding which was decent.

matt.chatterley
matt.chatterley

Great for mixed groups

Posted on 01 / 09 / 2015

We visited Arte y Sabor with family who are definitely not vegetarian - so one of the real pluses was the mixed menu, which is suited to most tastes. There were some definitely highlights, such as the Seitan dishes - but we did feel the fully Vegetarian (or Vegan) selection was a little limited (admittedly given the demand, this is understandable).

Nonetheless we had a lovely lunch and they were very good with our 2 year old - one of only two places in Seville we've found who have high chairs!

Pros: Good Food, Highchairs!, Good service
wyrd
wyrd

A pleasant dinner

Posted on 10 / 31 / 2014

I had dinner yesterday at the Arte y Sabor with two non-vegetarian friends of mine. The restaurant is in the Alameda de Hercules, one of the most lively places of the city, very nice (incidentally, it's where the Alameda Rock is, a fully vegetarian place, but we had eaten there the day before therefore this time we went for the Arte y Sabor).
The restaurant advertises itself as "Vegetarian and Vegan friendly", and in the menu there are small leaf icons to indicate dishes that can be made either vegetarian or vegan. Make sure to ask about those! Most dishes are by default with meat/fish, but there are vegetarian and vegan options available. The stuff is very friendly and they speak Spanish, English, and French (and maybe some other language that I didn't hear yesterday - indeed the place was full and about half the customers were non-Spanish).
We had a huge salad, tasty felafel, and a salmorejo de remolacha (a sort of cold soup with beetrot, garlic...) that we shared, and in the end we also got some arab/turkish sweets (good, but nothing compared to what you can actually get in places like Istanbul). 2 beers each, and we paid 12 euros each.

Pros: Helpful stuff, Many veg options (make sure to ask!), Good food
Cons: Serve meat and fish, Slightly above-average prices in Sevilla
Cabrita
Cabrita

Very nice restaurant with excellent food

Posted on 10 / 09 / 2014

A very nice spot with pleasant outdoor tables in a vibrant zone of Seville. They also serve meat and fish, but vegetarian an vegan dishes are clearly marked. The staff is also very helpful and the kitchen is willing to "veganize" nearly every dish.

They told me that they prepare meat separately and also don't deep fry mixed. I had the lentil salat, which was excellent. My friends had tempura, falafel and couscous and everything was delicious and nicely prepared.

Pros: excellent food, very friendly staff, nice outdoor seating
Cons: they also serve meat
YoniAvital
YoniAvital

Excellent Food. Very Friendly Staff. Highly Recommended.

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2014

Excellent restaurant for both vegans and vegetarians. Warms and clean atmosphere. Great presentation and inventive dishes. The staff is super friendly and it's location is in one of re best spots in Sevilla.

Michael R
Michael R

PLEASANT OUTDOOR TABLES

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2014

The restaurant has a number of tables inside and also more tables outside on the Alameda de Hercules, where you can watch the busy pedestrian traffic. Friendly staff.

Only a few dishes in the vegetarian section. I had a baked goats cheese starter and seitan fillets main. Filling, good spicy sauces. EURO 18 with water.

Harp
Harp

Amazing

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2014

Great place to enjoy amazing vegetarian and vegan food. There are many options and the staff is very friendly and will veganize dishes upon request.

Don't miss the falafel with vegan soy sauce, yummy!

Possibly one of the best options in Seville.

Pros: Taste, Value, Staff
Cons: Non Vegetarian
AnAnaN
AnAnaN

Good vegan options

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2013

This restaurant unfortunately serves meat and fish, though I had a very tasty lentil salad. The Mojito cocktail is also very good - with actual spirits instead of just too much ice. The staff was very friendly and welcoming.

They serve 'foie' but I don't know if it 'just' liver or if it is foie gras.

Pros: Nice staff, Good cocktails
Cons: Serves foice-gras?
JanetB
JanetB

Love this restaurant

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2013

Visited this restaurant twice in the last 2 weeks while staying in Seville. We loved it soo much the first time there was no doubt we would come back before our holiday ended. Great choice in veggie food and warm and welcoming owners. On monday night it was very busy on terrace. We especially loved the spinach salad, the lentil salad and the spinach croquettes, mmm. Prices are very reasonable. 3 tapas and 2 media portions would be enough for 2 people and would cost you about 20-22 euros. They also have great fresh juices. Try the pear!

Pros: Great food, Much choice, Reasonably priced
JeevanMann
JeevanMann

Art and flavour in the Alameda

Posted on 03 / 21 / 2013

I've only known this place as Arte y Sabor. I first visited this cafe in November 12 with a couple of other Vegetarians, I recently returned with a mixed group (2 veg, 2 non-veg).

When we arrived we were the only people in the restaurant, we were greeted by the chef who was friendly & welcoming. I ordered a few tapas of Tabouleh, Patatas alinas & Falafel, all of which were very good. The food looked fresh and was well presented. My Vegetarian friend ordered a medio of the Falafel, which was more than enough as a single, main dish or as a sharing plate. My non-veg housemates ordered meat and vegetarian dishes (the Veg items they ordered were the salmorejo & a salad), which were equally well received.

The Chef told us that he was from Turkey, (which would reflects the mediterranean menu). Vegetarian and vegan dishes are clearly marked on the tapa menu. There are more traditional spanish items (such as my patatas alinas) should you prefer them.

I can understand why some people may be unhappy with the addition of meat & fish dishes to the menu, but I for one have no problem with it.

For a group of 4 people, we spent just under 45 euro, which is about in line with other venues on the alameda.

In my two visits to this venue I have enjoyed the food & the setting, I would recommend this cafe for both Veg & non-veg people looking for somewhere to eat in the Alameda area.

Pros: Friendly staff, Ambience, Great food
Cons: Can be quiet at times, There was a slight language barrier

Dear Owner and Manager of Arte y Sabor: