Serves meat, veg options available. Upstairs cafe with free Wi-Fi. Please send menu details to happycow. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, Thai, Western, Juice bar, Non-veg
Now Open

Mon 8:00am-7:00pm, Wed-Sun 8:00am-7:00pm

• Cash only

First Review by kenvegan

Almost Vegetarian

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2015

At first it looks as though they are completely vegetarian so it was disappointing to see they do offer meat. The salads could be a bit more interesting but the options are good especially the desserts as they have vegan ones. Soy or coconut milk is offered in the hot drinks. Falafels and kidney bean burgers are all on offer and taste pretty good. It is a nice relaxing place to sit and have a bite to eat and maybe a pot of tea. It is a kilometre or so out of Sri Than on the road to Haad Yao.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Nice atmosphere, Cheap
Cons: Not entirely vegetarian , Bit of a walk out of Sri Thanu to get he

Chill Teahouse with no Teas

Posted on 01 / 21 / 2015

I read about this on HappyCow and have wanted to try it. Headed over with some friends and was happy to see that most of the menu can be made vegan including burritos, falafels, salad, burgers, etc... and also most the desserts are vegan.
I was looking forward to having a cup of good tea, but surprisingly they were out of all of their green and oolong teas.... very disappointing.
Food wise, I opted for a soup and the Buddhas sweet potato burrito. I liked the burrito, but the soup was just ok. The burrito was served with boiled carrots, fresh would have been nicer, but the baked wrapper of the burrito made up for that.
I had banana bread as a dessert, which was doughy, but quite good.

Pros: Chill space, funky vibe, vegan options

Good Food, Great Desserts / Calm Atmosphere

Posted on 01 / 20 / 2015

I joined a few friends today for an early lunch at Art Cafe. This decor is authentic "Thai Island" style, constructed of wood and bamboo and an open, airy feeling.

I ordered a falafel. It was tasty, but have had much better. The side salad was a bit strange, as it tasted like the dressing was pure ketchup. For dessert, I ordered a banana bread which was moist, perfectly sweet and delicious. Their other vegan desserts actually looked much better, but I was craving banana bread.

Koh Phangan has a number of all vegan and vegetarian restaurants with better food, and having eating at several of them, I have realized that this Island offers some wonderful, very reasonably priced gourmet vegan food.

This restaurant is walking distance to our hotel, and if you are near this restaurant on Koh Phangan, I would recommend it. If you are staying on another part of the Island, I would recommend you come here to chill in a calm atmosphere, drink tea, and eat the wonderful vegan desserts.

Pros: Decor, Atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Art Cafe: