North Norfolk's art gallery and vegetarian cafe. Serves wide ranging styles of vegetarian food with gluten free options, plus coffee and tea. Vegans to specify. Runs an "Art Cafe Bistro" on the first Friday of month from 7pm with reservation required. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, British, English

First Review by faerycake
Caryne
Caryne

Great vegggie cafe with good vegan main courses.

4 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2014

Lovely little cafe within a delightful, arty, gift shop. A daily menu of light snacks and full lunches with lots of choice for vegans in the main course (all labelled). I had a really tasty courgette curry which came with a gorgeous,spicy, homemade,carrot chutney, it was a good size portion too and a reasonable price. Dessert choice was limited to one, a coffee and walnut cake, but it was one of the nicest cakes I have eaten in a long time. I think they do need widen their vegan friendly cake range though.
The cafe has a good choice of drinks, both soft and alcoholic, including some lovely local pressed juices and a great choice of coffee also locally roasted.
Service is friendly but was a little slow, maybe it was the Saturday staff working on the day we went?
Toilets are a few doors up in another building,which might be a pain in poor weather.

Pros: Great vegan mains, Local produce, Friendly
Cons: One one vegan cake, Service can be slow
MaPa
MaPa

Great place

5 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2013

A gem up on the north Norfolk Coast.
Great place, a very accommodating chef and great food.
Many vegan options and a vegan dessert option.

Highly recommended!

faerycake
faerycake

nice to find veggie place in north norfolk!

4 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2012

I'm vegan and live in Nottingham, where there are lots of veggie options - but I sometimes struggle a bit when coming to visit my Mum (who lives in Holt). She suggested coming here, and we didn't even realise it was veggie, so it was a really nice surprise to go somewhere where people didn't bat an eyelid when I asked if the food was vegan! The food was really nice and fresh, with some good salads.

The staff were really friendly and the overall atmosphere was nice too - will definitely go again on our next visit!

Pros: fresh food, friendly staff, nice atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Art Cafe: