Arlo's - Food Truck

This vegan food trailer resumed operations and moved to this location Cheer Up Charlie's after a change of ownership in early-2014. Continues to serve vegan food: tacos, burgers, and fries. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out only

eatyourveggies
eatyourveggies

Orgasmic Vegan Burger

5 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2013

Hands-down the best place to get a vegan cheese burger in the WORLD. I'm not kidding. If you are in Austin you must try the bacon cheeseburger. The tacos are excellent to as well as the BBQ burger. Just do it. Bring an empty belly. And if you need fries the truck park next door has sweet potato fries!!

eksveg
eksveg

Wow. Just, wow.

5 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2012

I have been meaning to try Arlo's for ages. Unfortunately, it's not on the side of town where I live, and their hours don't mesh that well with my schedule. Last week the planets finally aligned and I had a chance to try it. I wish I had done so much sooner! I had the bacon cheeseburger and I loved it! If you are looking for "late night vegan bar food" then you have found it. I love thinking about all the non-vegans that love Arlo's and probably don't even know it's vegan...

nafanc
nafanc

Simply awesome vegan food

5 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2012

This place is great. The veggie burgers are homemade and have great texture and flavor. I believe the chik'n is also homemade, and that's great as well. I highly recommend the bacon cheezeburger or the chipotle burger. It's so great to find a place that serves hot, fresh, and flavorful vegan comfort food. The people who work here obviously put a great deal of love and care into their food. They have truly unique and delicious offerings!

Pros: unique, delicious

ColonelSeitan
ColonelSeitan

Great, tasty vegan options!

4 Posted on 12 / 16 / 2011

Arlo's is a new trailer on Austin's east side, and they're open in the evenings until late, situated behind some East 6th St. bars.

The bacon cheeseburger definitely seems homemade from scratch, and is super tasty. Definitely hits the spot. You can get chips and guac as a side or "chik'un" tacos, but it would be nice if there were fries or something similar to go along with your burger.

Our chipotle chik'un burger was ok, the chik'un seemed a bit dry though and not particularly chicken-y. Good, but I liked the bacon cheeseburger a lot more.

Overall an awesome option, especially since there aren't a ton of late-night vegan options in Austin.

Pros: tasty, homemade, pretty good value
Cons: no fries

Dear Owner and Manager of Arlo's - Food Truck: