Arjuna Health Foods

Founded in 1970, Arjuna Wholefoods is Cambridge's oldest vegetarian wholefood shop. We supply all forms of wholefoods (both organic and non-organic) and cater for many special dietary requirements, including vegan and gluten-free. more-less

First Review by chloecupcakes
saramarshall
saramarshall

Great shop, amazing choice

5 Posted on 11 / 07 / 2013

This shop has everything you could wish for as a vegan. Loads of chilled products, cheese, tofu, baking ingredients, cleaning products, alcohol, magazines. The stuff they make is great too. I tried a vegan cheese and rocket pastry and as I work around the corner I will definitely be picking up a stew or similar for lunch.

Pros: Variety, Helpful, Homemade items
wildfang
wildfang

Great choice, stressless shopping

5 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2013

I love this shop - they have a wide range of products, also many raw things, vegan stuff, homemade things such as halwa sweetened with grape juice only, homemade hummus, super tasty homemade vegan cake.. The people you meet there are relaxed and happy and it makes you happy shopping there. I wish I could come more often.

CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

Great shop

4 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2012

100% vegetarian food store, a 15-minute walk from city centre. Good range of fruit and vegetables, many locally sourced. Organic bread. Home-cooked lunch fare, including stews, hot pasties, salads, soup. Known for its muesli sold in bulk. Baby food and products, fair-trade products, "where possible" vegan and organic, against animal testing, ethical business, supports community. Open Monday-Saturday. www.arjunawholefoods.co.uk
During my stay in Cambridge I had several of their homemade takeaways: vegetable tagine on rice, lentil soup, carrot-coriander soup, etc.

Pros: tasty takeaway food, big selection
VegJo-Jo
VegJo-Jo

Love it!

5 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2011

Fantastic!
I love this shop and could have spent a fortune there!
My first visit was at the weekend and was not disappointed.

Arjuna have a great selection of vegan products and their chilled section is fab. The homemade snack section was also great and I hugely recommend the 'Mushroom & Sage Roll'. My husband loves sausage rolls (he's not been converted to veg yet!), but really liked this and I loved it!

They also sold Swedish Glace 'ice-cream' cones individually for about £1.35, which is great to know :-)

The staff were really friendly, chatty and helpful. Definately going back again!

Pros: Lovely Staff, Great choice, Perfect!
Cons: None!
corinal
corinal

Homey co-opy feeling

4 Posted on 10 / 24 / 2010

I love this place. I walk in and feel at home. Lots of selection, lots of organic, tons of vegan options. Great fresh bread (vegan!). The marinated tofu chunks are amazing. And they have tree-friendly toilet paper, a large selection of cleaning products, and compostable garbage bags. Oh and a wonderful deli section!

Pros: Wide selection, Great atmosphere, Nice deli
Cons: Not downtown
chloecupcakes
chloecupcakes

Organic alternative to the supermarket

4 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2010

Arjuna is a quaint little health food shop, a little out of the main shopping area but still within walking distance. While Mill Road may not be to everyones' taste, it features a vibrant and dynamic collection of shops, Middle-Eastern restaurants and an Asian supermarket. Arjuna itself offers an alternative to the more modern health food store in town, selling fresh, organic and locally sourced fruit and vegetables as well as vegan wines and beers. They also sell tasty homemade snacks and meals to take away. The staff are always smiling and friendly. I love it!

Pros: Friendly staff, Fresh, organic food
Cons: Not exactly in the city centre

Dear Owner and Manager of Arjuna Health Foods: