Vegetarian cafe with a health food shop downstairs. Cafe cooks fresh vegan and vegetarian food every day from where possible locally sourced and organic produce. Daily changing menu. Artistic work showcased on the walls. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Beer/Wine

Vegan cupcakes uk
Vegan cupcakes uk

Don't Bother

Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

Well I can write and write and write about this place and certainly won't be good either. I am the kind of person who says it how it is and no lies. Walked in and it was very busy and noisy which kind of was allready putting me off. We just managed to find a seat only having to wait for a few minutes which was ok. We had to go back to the till to place our order which there was 4 people allready waiting. I don't mind waiting but it was so busy they will either in the kitchen or running around collecting plates. We finally got to the front where we were greeted by the cashier who took our order. Sat down and waited. By the time w had our meal come I had such a headache I allmost got up and walked off. One bloke a few tables up from me was shouting, I allmost got up and allmost old him to lower his loud mouth down. Finally our food came. It took like cheap school dinners and i mean cheap school dinners. The bit of crated carrots were ok and the side salad was ok. The vegan cananoli looked gross. I cut in to it and it was all soggy like no pasta was there. Bit it in to it and it was hardly warm. Oh dear what a huge disappointment as we got d it was a good place to go. As i am more of a cake person. I had to have the vegan orange cake. When I managed to order one from the cashier which took me a while waiting to be served she brought it over and I tucked in to it. Orange hmmmmmmmm I finally found some orange taste. If it says it's an orange cake then it has to taste more of orange and with real orange zest tin the cake. The cake was so dry I allmost asked for a straw as i could not use my fork. Well i say the food the whole package was awful. I have no idea why it was so busy and people were turning away as they could not find a seat. If i can find a word that can explain how bad the food was I would the it out. Would I go back there again? No. Would you need to pay me to go there? No never again. I would rather stick pins in my eyes.

Pros: Nothing, Nothing , Nothing
Cons: Food Is Awfull , Way To Noisy , Rubbish
JacquiLove
JacquiLove

Archie Browns

Posted on 10 / 14 / 2012

Well not many Veggie or Vegan places in Cornwall to choose from. It's the best place to go in Penzance but food can be lukewarm breakfast and at lunchtime very very noisy, it's pretty heavy veggie food and not enough Vegan choices. Bright fun and airy with a great shop downstairs

Pros: Central location, Great shop, Choice
Cons: Noisy, Lukewarm food, overpriced
trinitybourne
trinitybourne

Loved it!

Posted on 08 / 26 / 2012

Excellent choice. I felt really happy and satisfied after going here. Nice vegan options and salad available. Fresh juices and smoothies. Vegan cakes.
Was really busy, but there are lots of tables.
Good health food store downstairs with raw food selections.
Well worth a visit!

Pros: good vegan options, fair prices, health food store down stairs
Cons: not open in the evening

Kirpi
Kirpi

Excellent food and service

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2012

A little pricey for me to use for daily lunch but an excellent daytime vegetarian/vegan restaurant which I will use regularly to treat myself. Excellent food, friendly staff, lovely venue. Well stocked wholefood store on ground floor.

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly staff, Lovely venue
Cons: Pricey for daily lunch, Disabled access?
KatieV
KatieV

Veggie heaven in the heart of Cornwall

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2011

A little bit difficult to find, but once I arrived it was most definitely worth the effort. Excellent food. Highly recommend the Falafel, Homity Pie and if the mint and pesto Gnocchi is on as a special it is a must have! There was eight of us, all vegetarian and to our surprise the service was very quick considering we had a large variety of dishes. The cakes were also delicious. All in all it had a lovely atmosphere, friendly service and amazing food.

karen hamilton
karen hamilton

Archie Brown's

Posted on 02 / 18 / 2011

Absolutely fabulous for vegans, and amazing salads (never thought those words would be uttered by me!).

Smithee
Smithee
  • non-vegetarian

Fab

Posted on 08 / 01 / 2010

Wonderful cafe with friendly staff. So good we went twice and to be honest its one of the few places in Penzance worth going to.

Pros: friendly, tasty, clean
greysquirrel
greysquirrel

At the end of the line...

Posted on 03 / 24 / 2010

...the train line, that is, is Penzance and Archie Brown's. Great place. Lovely food. Friendly staff. Good views of the seagulls on the roofs across the road. When you are next in Cornwall, or if you live there, don't miss it.

Pros: Friendly, Tasty food, Seagulls
Serval
Serval

Excellent food and very kind staff

Posted on 04 / 20 / 2009

The food in this restaurant is absolutely great, tasty and light at the same time. I remember a great vegan salad, beans sandwich, great tropical or blueberries smoothies, fantastic vegan chocolate cakes, and a very good breakfast with vegan sausages and bacon. A very nice atmosphere, very smiling waiters and waitresses, always ready to ask you if you enjoyed the meal or you need a help. Mainly vegan.

babywitch18
babywitch18

Great food

Posted on 11 / 05 / 2007

Archie browns is one of our favourite vegetarian restaurants in Cornwall.

The menu is delicious and vast with delicious cakes and treats for afterwards.
The food is always fresh, and the side salads are inspiring.

The coffee is also really good and fairtrade.

and

The staff are really friendly, its also a great family place.

And you will get caught up in its well stocked health food store underneath

Pros: good portions, nice coffee, yummy salads
Guest
Guest

Worth a visit

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2006

If you happen to be in this neck of the woods then make sure you pop in and support this place. Good food and good service. As a vegan i ate well and had a good soya latte.

Pros: Clean, Good prices, Vegan options

Dear Owner and Manager of Archie Browns Cafe: