Serves meat, veg options available. Has an extensive vegetarian menu with vegan items labeled. Punjabi specialties. This place was formerly 2 separate restaurants with the upstairs being vegetarian only but had to change the set up as there wasn't enough demand for veg food in Belfast. Main meals start at around £6. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by matiman
Sharpey09
Sharpey09

Fantastic Vegan Experience

4 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2014

This restaurant has it all for the vegan curry fan. It has a full menu of vegan dishes to choose from with over 20 dishes. I went for the Thali tray which had three curries chosen by the chef, rice, pakora and nan bread. The curries were delicious, full of flavour and hearty. The portions here are big and satisfying. I am a big curry fan and I think this is easily the best vegan curry I have ever had.

The owner was very friendly and chatted to us for a while - he said that they are seeing a big rise in popularity of their vegan dishes and I can see why.

The food is also very good value! I think I paid about £15 for a big tray of food and a large Cobra beer.

Pros: Excellent food, Great value prices, Good service
straightedgers
straightedgers

Great Vegan Selection

4 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2014

I went to Archana recently, even though I don't like Indian food. It was excellent. I would highly recommend it. Not at all greasy like some Indians. They also do home delivery, so that will be my new monthly treat :) One thing I will mention is that it is a small place. When I walked in with my husband I didn't feel that welcome at first. I thought the staff were rude, but I think that is just there way. They soon warmed up and were helpful. Vegan options are labelled.

msullivan
msullivan

Good Place To Eat

4 Posted on 01 / 31 / 2013

Has a decent vegetarian and began menu. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Pros: Delicious.
Cons: Serves Meat Also!

sophihie
sophihie

Love coming here!!

4 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2012

I'm in Belfast quite frequently and Northern Ireland is really not an easy country to be a vegetarian in!! The first time I went to Archana it took me about 20 min to choose my food because I'm used to having one vegetarian option when I go out for food. In Archana there is a whole menu for vegetarians and most of that food is also suitable for vegans. I have been to Archana three times now and it has always been a very positive experience! The food is absolutely amazing, especially the Thali and the staff are really nice as well. It is also a perfect place to go to with friends that are not vegetarians because they do have meat options and it's something different anyway so it's not as difficult to convince your friends to go to a vegetarian restaurant with you :)! So all in all I can just really recommend Archana to everybody who would like some choice of vegetarian food in NI and who loves really good Indian food!!

Pros: friendly staff, really nice food, good value
jimmeh
jimmeh

Loved this place

4 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2010

I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. I popped over to Belfast for a long weekend and was looking for some vegan eateries to keep me going. Since there are no fully vegan restaurants in Belfast, we came here after seeing it listed on Happy Cow. There are *lots* of vegan options, and it's so refreshing to see places listing the options as vegan on the menu instead of having to ask the waiters. They also sell Cobra beer and vegan naan bread yippee! The staff were very helpful and knew the ingredients in all of the dishes. I will definitely be returning to Archana the next time I'm in Belfast.

Pros: Menu states 'vegan', Price, Helpful staff
matiman
matiman

not a good experience

1 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2010

This restaurant was recommended by a friend. However, I knew that trouble was ahead when I selected the veg thali and was promptly told that it was not available at the weekend. I then ordered a aubergine dish that looked interesting. When it arrived there was so much salt in it that I couldn't eat it, which was a pity because I was very hungry and the underlying spices seemed very nice. I complained to the waiter and he asked if I wanted another one, I said yes as long as there wasn't as much salt. When it arrived it too was very salty and so I left it. They charged me for the dish and I refused to pay, they argued that I had had two portions to which I replied that I couldn't eat either of them. So if you like lots of salt and rude waiters the choice is yours.

Dear Owner and Manager of Archana: