Ethical vegan cafe opened early 2012. Reported re-opened to HappyCow Oct 30, 2013. Warm and inviting atmosphere with a choice of rustic in-house-made food made daily with organic ingredients. Menu changes with daily specials. OCT 2014 REPORTED SHUT, FB NO LONGER. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, English, Beer/wine, Organic, Pub food
27 Broad Street
Bristol, England BS1 2HG

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Aricakes
clairevegan1982
clairevegan1982

Terrible

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2014

This place is no longer vegan. I found out after having eaten my meal - which of course was not vegan. It was made with quorn. I would not recommend using this place even if you don't care whether your meal is vegan. Dreary, shabby and the staff/volunteers don't stop taking to you.

Aricakes
Aricakes

Disappointing

Posted on 01 / 22 / 2013

More like going into someone's house than a cafe. We were the only people there. Food, I hate to say, was awful. Limited choice is fine as it's a small new place, but the quality was dire. Too much concern about no suger, no wheat, no salt, no this no that, but not enough concern about what it tastes like! Most times we've passed by it's closed, I wouldn't be surprised if it shuts which is unfortunate as Bristol is shockingly short of vegan places. For non-veggies this place ticks every cliche right down to the loud Bob Marley greatest hits, and must confirm every prejudice they have with the horrible food.
Also, who wants to see posters of animal abuse while they're eating.

Pros: Vegan
Cons: Food, Interior, Preachy

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Arc Cafe: