Aqua Vita Natural Foods Market

All-vegetarian store. Stocks fresh organic produce, grocery, bulk foods, supplements, over 400 bulk herbs, and purified water. more-less

First Review by redman_vf
March-Darkfox
March-Darkfox

Great selection of herbs, spices and tinctures

5 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2014

Aqua Vita is an interesting store. What draws me is its wonderful selection of bulk herbs, spices, tinctures and extracts. These are things I usually have to order online. While getting a lovely package in the mail has its charms, so does looking at a huge jar of cut herbs that I can personally measure out. It’s that personal element. I went there with a list of almost a dozen herbs I wanted and they had all but one. The one herb they didn’t have was available in a tincture so I was able to walk out with a workable substitute for my particular use.

As far as using the store to buy other items (fresh produce, personal care supplies, etc.) I’m not interested. I can buy most of those items at other stores more convenient to where I live. Since I live between the I10 and Tangerine Road/Marana exits, Aqua Vita is not a convenient location for me. That’s fine. I really like the store so I keep a running list of what I want then make it a point to stop in if I’m in the vicinity.

The parking situation is tight and sometimes scary because of the way it’s laid out next to the traffic but the store has never been so busy that it’s been much of a problem for me.

I really like Aqua Vita for its herb selection. If you visit their website they have a page of every single herb and spice they carry. It's an excellent checklist/tool and I definitely use it.

Pros: Wonderful Bulk Herb Selection
Cons: Cramped parking
GroundHog
GroundHog

Okay.

3 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2012

I only went there a couple times. Seems like a nice store. I ordered a bulk item and staff wasn't organized about ordering bulk items - I had to wait while they went in back to look it up and even then they weren't sure, then when I went to pick up the item they said they didn't have it twice but then upon third check they found it. Also was too difficult working with staff to order bulk nuts so I just gave up. Good store for just shopping (not ordering bulk items) though. Staff/ppl were nice though.

angie951
angie951

Vegetarian Not Vegan

5 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2011

This place is great and is never too crowded, unlike the Co-Op. Most anything can be found organic and they offer a great supply of seasonings, grains, flours, nuts, seeds, etc. in bulk. They always have a diverse supply of fresh, organic mushrooms. (Which I find hard to come by.) This is also the only place I have been able to find organic walnut oil. This place is an absolute GEM in Tucson! I was so happy to see them re-open! Helpful, friendly staff!

linaE
linaE

BEST WATER IN TOWN

5 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2011

We used to get our distilled water at the water store next to the Fry's at Grant and alvernon. His prices went up to .75/gal and we went looking. The more water you buy, the better the price per gallon, around .60/gallon. We go there twice a month, or more just for the water. Their bulk prices are good, the produce is almost all organic and beautiful, not to mentioned washed in their wonderful water!
They also carry unpackaged blocks of tofu in the fridge section which we get, and usually a pack or 2 of the Tucson Tamale's wares.

Pros: Amazing Water, beautiful produce, friendly staff
Cons: a little expensive, but worth the money
redman_vf
redman_vf

Nice options

4 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2009

Aqua Vita is a nice distraction from a normal grocery shopping experience. They have a nice organic produce section with good prices. The bulk section has a nice range of products, many organic, with competitive prices. Their grocery section is priced a little high for me as are their chilled and frozen foods. the bulk herb/spice section is loaded with variety and there are books nearby to help you with your choices.

I have not personally priced or experienced their water.

Pros: Wide selection, Organic Bulk Items, Organic Produce
Cons: High grocery cost

Dear Owner and Manager of Aqua Vita Natural Foods Market: