Apple Valley Natural Foods

All vegetarian market with several locations. Provides grocery, produce, and nutritional supplements. Closed Sat. more-less

First Review by VeganBelle
preciousgem
preciousgem
  • non-vegetarian

Not Friendly

1 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2014

I've only been to this store a few times, but the staff I encountered were not very friendly to me. I will drive the extra distance to Harvest Health to shop in a more friendly health food store.

Pros: Open Sunday
Cons: Not Friendly
VeganBelle
VeganBelle

Best grocery for vegans/vegetarians!

5 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2011

After many trips to OVERPRICED Harvest Health, we finally found Apple Valley, which is cheaper and completely Vegetarian/Vegan. I'd rather support a store that had no animal flesh. They have a wealth of options for vegans in terms of faux cheeses and supplements. I wouldn't go here for produce (or Harvest Health) but their selection for vegans/vegetarians cannot be beat in the GR area. Oh, and their computer checkout has a screen and they use barcodes, unlike Harvest Health, so you can see what's happening and don't have to rely on the cashier so much to not enter numbers incorrectly. (Has happened many times to me at HH)

My only complaint is that some vitamins contain gelatin, which is not even vegetarian. This should not be in the store according to it's "all" vegetarian status.

Pros: Affordable, Good Selection, Clean
Cons: Gelatin in Some Vitamins

Dear Owner and Manager of Apple Valley Natural Foods: