Organic cafe inside Ingredients Market formerly known as Apple Cafe. Provides healthy food and drinks. On the menu are fresh juices and smoothies, hearty breakfast and cereals, sandwiches and bowls, salads and raw food plates as well. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Canadian
Now Open

Mon-Sat 8:30am-5:00pm, Sun 10:00am-4:00pm

First Review by CLRtraveller
Alexday
Alexday

My favourite place!

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2015

I loved their food even before I went vegan. Always fresh, always delicious.

JenVeg14
JenVeg14

Nice cafe

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2015

Nice cafe with tons of vegan options inside great health food store. I had a sweet breakfast of a cacao (etc) smoothie and banana bread, both were delicious. I also got a muffin to go which was perfectly tasty. Wish I had the chance to try more things but I was traveling so just passing through.

Pros: Great vegan variety, Healthy choices, a lot of raw
AdieSf
AdieSf

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

Posted on 05 / 02 / 2015

Cafe & market
The (ask for it Vegan) Breakfast Sandwich was out of this world spectacular! Two people were working on it. Lots of love went into it.
Delicious and zesty Daily Green Juice. Peanut butter cup was yummy.
Casual dining. A few tables to sit at. Super nice and caring staff.
Cute store/market, also. Great products. Earth and people friendly.

Pros: Green juices, Vegan options, organic, friendly peo
Cons: Not completely Vegan

Chenley
Chenley

Best drive by find ever!

Posted on 03 / 31 / 2014

After a day of shopping, the Family and I were hungry and so disappointed in the lack of healthy options downtown. We were driving to the end of the road to pull a U'ey and glimpsed the word "Organic" on the wall!
What looks like a door to nowhere opens to an awesome organic market and cafe! What a find!
Coffee is great and they have fresh almond milk if you ask!
Tried a few goodies and wow, everyone was perfect!
Went a second time for lunch and had the Buddha Bowl with the sweet sauce not the peanut sauce. We literally fought over it!
Also tried the miso mushroom poutine with Daiya Cheese. Delicious!!!
Another hint, finding good vegan hotdog/smokie alternatives has been impossible UNTIL we tried the Apple and Sage smokies by Field Roast Grain Meat CO. that the market carries.

Pros: delicious, vegan options, homemade
Cons: looks sketchy from outside
Josensei
Josensei

A Very Buddha Lunch

Posted on 03 / 03 / 2014

We had lunch here today for the first time and it was delicious. We shared the Buddha Bowl because it was big enough for two. It was $11 and was vegan and gluten free. It was made of sprouted brown rice, baked tofu, steamed veggies and greens, grated fresh veggies and sprouts with peanut coconut sauce. Yum! We’ll be back to try out some other options another time. It’s open for breakfast and lunch. Only a few specials are shown on the website, so I am adding some photos of the menu.

Pros: delicious food, quick, friendly service, reasonable prices
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

Great food

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2012

Vegetarian/vegan/raw. I had the dal, nice and gingery. My friend's rice bowl (brown rice and vegetables) was excellent. The soups are vegan. Many vegan items and sseveral raw vegan items. Treats, salads, gluten-free pizza, smoothies, etc. They germinate their rice and beans. At a Meatless Monday dinner held at the cafe, the meal was wonderfully delicious: a virgin mojito, refreshing, with lots of fresh mint leaves; raw tacos made with ground nuts, cashew-cream and salsa in big lettuce leaves, nicely spicy; and raw brownie.
Their kitchen is 99 percent garbage-free!
The location is a few blocks out of the main downtown area, but it's worth the walk. Shop in the well-stocked store while you're there.

Pros: vegan and raw options

Dear Owner and Manager of Ingredients Cafe: