Serves meat, veg options available. All you can eat buffet at an affordable price with a big variety of items. Friendly staff. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Juice bar, Salad bar, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian Mix, Non-veg
11 Islington High St
North London, England N1 9LQ
07886201386

Call for hours - tell us

• Cash only

First Review by margypargy

1 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2013

The building this restaurant was in is now a newsagent.

There is a noodle bar next door, not sure what that's like. It had a temporary sign and was empty so went elsewhere.

No Longer Veg

1 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2012

I have been to this place a fair bit over the years under its different names. The last time I went (a couple of weeks ago) I was shocked to see that they now serve meat. I won't be going again. Shame.

Mock meats and a lot of salt

3 Posted on 02 / 07 / 2012

I used to love this place but last time I went the food was really, really salty. It's part of a chain of vegan Thai buffet restaurants around London whose menu is based heavily around mock meats. There are usually eight or ten hot and cold dishes plus starters on the buffet, including mains of satay 'beef', sweet and sour 'chicken', noodles, fried mushrooms, a tofu dish and mock prawns; and starters of 'prawn' crackers, seaweed and veggie spring rolls. I have always enjoyed the chewiness of the mock meats because as a vegan you miss out on this. The flavours are sometimes a bit unusual but that's been ok. But recently I had one very salty meal which made me feel quite ill and made me question whether they use either just a lot of salt or a lot of MSG. I also saw on another website that despite claims of being 100% vegan they weren't (the boiled sweets for example).

The food is cheap (about six quid) but they always add an automatic service charge, which seems a bit odd as it's a help yourself deal. The drinks also add a bit on and the bill normally racks up to £18 for two, which doesn't seem quite as cheap as you thought it would be.

Pros: 100% vegan (?), Cheap (ish), All you can eat.
Cons: Very salty, Is it 100% vegan?

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Aone: