Serves meat, veg options available. Offers Vietnamese noodle soups and dishes as well as bubble teas. Noodle soups can be made with a vegetable broth and served with fried tofu and marinated fried gluten strips. The summer rolls can also be made veg. Restaurant is on a block dense with Asian restaurants, and has a no-nonsense but clean pastel interior. Most dishes are 6 Euros for a sizable portion, which is incredibly affordable for Dublin. This is a branch of a British restaurant but the menu in Dublin is very different. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vietnamese, Non-veg

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by BananaSalami
BananaSalami
BananaSalami

Not Impressed

Posted on 06 / 11 / 2015

I liked this place until it took 40 minutes for my food to arrive, that part I understood because these things happen. However they served me prawns when I ordered a vegetarian dish. Which is also fine, because sometimes things can be misunderstood in a busy kitchen environment. I didn't appreciate the laughing in the kitchen in plain sight, but I assured the waitress that it was fine and asked for my vegetarian dish to be given to me as take away.
Unbeknownst to me, they just dumped the prawn dish into a container and sent me off, 50 minutes after I had first arrived in the restaurant. I ate half the dish and discovered a rogue prawn, so I was forced to returned it, again. They gave me my money back when I asked and there was somewhat of a murmuring apology coupled with laughing by two unprofessional ladies in the back.
I'm vegan and I heard about Aobaba on Happy Cow, luckily I won't die from this experience (though I'm unimpressed by the lacking of standards) however, I felt the need to write a review, so that if someone had a serious crustacean allergy they would know to avoid Aobaba.

Pros: Low food and safety standards
Cons: Tasty

Dear Owner and Manager of Aobaba: