Opened 2011 alongside Metcalfe's cookshop, this green cafe is vegetarian and predominately organic just like The Green House that the owners David and Ania had previously operated. Offers coffee, food, and cakes. There is a family room on the first floor. May 2015 report Sunday is closed. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, British, English
50 High St
Tring, England HP23 5AG
Now Open

Mon-Thu 9:00am-5:00pm, Fri-Sat 9:00am-9:00pm

First Review by CLRtraveller

Good food, poor service.

Posted on 08 / 27 / 2015

I was prepared for slow service having read the reviews. It's okay, I thought, it means the food is being made fresh. And when it came, the food was great. I had the special smoked tofu salad and my daughter had the beans on toast from the children's menu. We enjoyed our food and looked forward to cake and more drinks after. However, we were sat with dirty, empty plates for ages. We hardly saw the wait staff and it wasn't even busy. Don't get me wrong, the two ladies serving were nice but their service was negligible. In the end we gave up the cake quest and left.

Pros: fresh, tasty, vegan options
Cons: slow, neglectful, poor service

Very good veg cafe in Hertfordshire

Posted on 05 / 22 / 2015

Ate two meals here, one a takeaway, and two desserts, again one takeaway. The all-day English breakfast comes in a vegan version (9pd50), hefty and satisfying: light-rye toast, fried tofu, soysage, veg bacon, hash-brown potatoes, baked beans, mushrooms and sautéed tomatoes. For takeaway, even though I ate it at room temperature later the same day, the Super Burger was fantastic! One of the best veg burgers I’ve had: thick, beety patty with sauces, slaw and mashed avocado – delicious! - served with a dill pickle and generous amount of chutney. The blackberry version of the cashew ice kream was excellent, and the vegan carrot cake (2pd95) was scrumptious.
Besides coffees, teas, juices and smoothies (they may be discontinuing the bottled beers and ciders), the menu includes a number of vegan or veganizable items, sandwiches, chili, salads and more. Some of the music could have been mellower on a Monday late morning. The cafe is closed Sundays and holiday Mondays, but it might be best to confirm opening times and days before going.

Updated from previous review on Friday May 22, 2015

Pros: good menu selections, many for vegans, tasty burger and carrot cake
Cons: closed Sundays and holidays

Dear Owner and Manager of Anusia Cafe: