CLOSED: Antonio's Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Menu includes vegan entree options including BBQ drummettes, jerk tofu, curry shrimp and sides include vegan pupusas, fried plaintains, and yucca fries. Has vegan cheese and vegan desserts. All vegan lunch buffet twice per month--call for buffet dates. Open Mon-Fri 11-8, Sat 11-9, Sun 12-6. Reported closed to HappyCow March 2011. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Buffet, Carribean, Latin, Non-veg

First Review by gallo39
brewjaz
brewjaz

This will be a regular stop for me!

4 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2010

Several friends and I stopped at Antonio's to eat on the way home (PA) from Washington D.C. This was the second time I have eaten here--both times when they had the vegan buffet. Wonderful selection, great food and plenty to eat! They kept refilling the food trays as soon as they were low. Very clean and friendly service too. Oh, and did I mention the desserts----outstanding!! I should add the vegan buffet is not there on a regular schedule. Call ahead to find out when--I understand it's several times a month. They do have a nice vegan selection any time if you order off of the menu.

Pros: clean, friendly
vtcodajeff
vtcodajeff

unique place

4 Posted on 12 / 13 / 2009

I've never seen a Caribbean-inspried restaurant cater to vegetarians. Wonderful! The only drawback-- mainly a complaint of my wife-- is the food is too greasy. We always get take-out-- the interior is not date-night friendly.

Pros: cheap, unique
gallo39
gallo39

Well worth the ride!

4 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2009

Four of us from Harrisburg's Green Street Vegetarian Club decided to drive to Gaithersburg to check out Antonio's and it turned out to be a good decision. We came for their twice a month vegan buffet and found the food tasty, varied, ample and reasonably priced. The owner was particularly pleasant and accomodating and the cafe clean and colorful. It was a delightful experience which we will try to repeat whenever feasible. No only were all the buffet items made by Antonio's tasty especially the drummettes but the dessert was made by Vegan Treats. Plenty of free parking and not hard to find.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Antonio's Cafe: