Anthony's Dandelion Deli...

Serves meat, veg options available. Little deli cafe with daily vegan and gluten-free specials, soups, and baked goods. Does a monthly dinner with a rotating menu. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Catering, Non-veg

mile4748
mile4748

Great Deli in Reno!

4 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2013

I can't really add too much more than what has already been written, but since noone has sent in a review for 2013, I will post my own thoughts about this deli. I love eating here, whether by myself or with my husband. I have been to Anthony's three times now and each lunch special is great. I love the seasoning esp. Last wk. I had the curry rice/veg bowl an it was so yummy. I was pleasantly surprised that it had enough curry to satisfy me completely. A new older lady works up at the register now and she is very pleasant. I like the fact that Anthony (who cooks in the back most of the time), is always checking on how things are going in the front and if anyone needs help. I have even seen him ask customers if their food was satisfactory.
I have learned the hard way, not to look very much in the bakery case! I love their carrot cake too much to resist the temptation. They also have great homemade brewed non sweetened tea by the ice water that I think is very refreshing.

Pros: clean and friendly, fast service, servings are plentiful and reasonable
Cons: during summer no monthly dinners, closed on Sundays
Guest
Guest

Great Hummus Pitas

3 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2012

Overall, this cafe is good. During my first few visits, I was well received; on the last, the younger, female cashier was a witch. I'm afraid to go back there now.

Anthony's is very Veg-Friendly; most of the staff is friendly as well.

Pros: Options, Location
Cons: Too many Sweets Offered
KatieB
KatieB

Tostada yum yum ;)

4 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2012

Went for the first time today and was very impressed. Had the vegan special today, a tostada that was like a Mexican lasagna, and was FREAKING FANTASTIC. The female server was great, she made me a unique kind of herbal lemon soy latte that was her own creation, and all of their sides and baked goods were vegan too. I tried the pumpkin bread, and it was super moist and spicy...just awesome! I only wish they were open during dinner hours, and that they served vegan pancakes...I am a sucker for pancakes.

Pros: Daily Specials, Vegan Baked yummies, Staff
Cons: hours, Chai not vegan, lack of pancakes, lol

veganyoginimama
veganyoginimama

New vegan in Reno...so happy

4 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2012

After moving to Reno, I have been pleasantly surprised to find that many restaurants do have vegan options. However, I am now happy to be living in Reno after visiting the Dandelion Deli and Cafe. I love that there are different vegan specials everyday and everything I have had so far has been both healthy and delicious..and then there is the baked goods...I love that I can go there for tea and a baked good. The owners and staff are very friendly and it is a great local place. Note, I felt welcomed even with my small children and the kids liked the daily specials I have ordered for them.

Pros: vegan baked goods, daily vegan specials, nice atmosphere
Cons: serves meat also
Sabrina H
Sabrina H

Must-try gem in Reno!

4 Posted on 12 / 29 / 2011

Not only does Anthony's Dandelion Deli have daily vegetarian, vegan and gluten free lunch specials in addition to their regular menu, they also always have vegan & gluten free desserts in the cooler (from cookies to muffins/cupcakes to carrot cake etc.) and they do a monthly Saturday night dinner. The dinner menu is all vegetarian, and mostly vegan and gluten free. It's seasonal fare with a different menu each time, including appetizers and desserts. Also, every entree comes with either soup or salad. We went almost every month in 2011 and truly enjoyed every single dish. There's usually also some live guitar music, which makes for a great atmosphere. This is one of the best places to eat in Reno!

Pros: excellent food, seasonal menu, small local business
Cons: dinner is only once a month
Dromio
Dromio

RenoVegans Loved It!

4 Posted on 12 / 21 / 2011

Finally got a group outing together for the monthly meal. We'll be going every month from now on, hopefully growing larger every time. I had the root vegetable stew which was great. Others had sweet potato tamales, vegan chili and the tofu pot pie. Some in the group are just starting their vegan path and loved all of it. Black forest cake with vegan ice cream was a big hit. I had the vegan bread pudding and was amazed it tasted so good. We love Anthony and his friendly staff. Will be there every month bar none!

Pros: homey, comfortable, great vegan desserts, delicious
StephanieLauffer
StephanieLauffer

The best thing about Reno

4 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2011

Let's be honest. I do not like Reno. My personality changes as soon as I enter the city. I become grumpy & irritated. Until I reach the Dandelion Deli.
The staff is wonderful & so is the food! I had a salad, the Tomato Basil Soup, & the Zucchini, Tofu & Walnut Parmesan - SO GOOD!
It was so worth the stop to grab dinner on my way to Sacramento. If you're in the area & looking for a friendly, relaxing place to grab a bite to eat you'll be warmly welcomed at the Dendelion Deli!

Pros: friendly staff, excellent food, healthy cuisine
hjcrave
hjcrave

Tasty Food!

4 Posted on 04 / 04 / 2011

Went for my first time today with my friends and it was delicious! My sandwich was vegan, tasty and filling and my vegan carrot cake dessert was amazing compared to some of the other vegan baked goods I have had. Overall a great experience!

veggielvr02
veggielvr02

Five Stars!!

4 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2011

I've eaten here several times and have loved everything I've tried. I think the menu specials change daily, which is cool because I like to try new things! I had a vegan quesadilla last time I went and it was soooo good! I always get a vegan cupcake when I go there too because they're too delicious to resist! I definitely recommend!!

Pros: CUPCAKES, Excellent Food, friendly staff
doguapo
doguapo

4 Posted on 09 / 13 / 2010

I regret not ordering the vegan quiche special for the day, but the pita and hummus with veggies and a cup of vegan chili worked out great. The ambience is nice and the food is delicious. The only caveat is that it's located in a strip mall in a questionable area of town. No outside seating. I would prefer this place over pneumatic due to the freshness of the food. Closes around 4 pm on weekdays and is closed on sundays.

Pros: vegan options, non-veggie options, ambience
Cons: location, no outdoor seating
PlanetCommander
PlanetCommander

Best Vegan restaurant ever!

4 Posted on 09 / 08 / 2010

We just stopped in Reno on our way back to Utah from California and found this restaurant on HappyCow. What a find! They have the best sandwiches I have ever tasted, and deserts that have none of those funky Vegan watered down tastes. I only wish there was a similar place near Bullfrog, (yeah right...).

Pros: Excellent Food, Outstanding Desserts, Very freindly service!
Lauren555
Lauren555

Great Place!

4 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2010

My husband and I ate here after finding them listed on Happy Cow. We were very pleased! I am a very strict vegetarian and my husband is not a vegetarian. Both of us loved the food! I really enjoyed the very veggie sandwhich and vegetarian chili! We have tried their vegan cupcakes and their vegan carrot cake...both were amazing! I would definetly reccomend this restaurant to vegans and vegetarians!

Pros: Delicious!
cheesecakes
cheesecakes

Love this place

4 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2010

Awesome awesome food, tons of vegan options and great desserts. They host a dinner every friday night with vegan and vegetarian options, specialty entree and dessert. Great.

Brianne
Brianne

Amazing

4 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2009

Dandelion is my favorite place to eat, everything I have had has been absolutely delicious. They have vegetarian and vegan specials everyday so you can try something new each time. You won't be disappointed!

Pros: Excellent Food, Healthy Cuisine, Great Value
bratttt2
bratttt2

WOW

4 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2009

My friend and I have been going here for about 7yrs. and each year on our birthdays we surprise each other with a different vegan cake! Not only is the food fantastic, but if you have a sweet tooth, this is the place for you. I love the family atmosphere!

loveym
loveym

my visit to dandy

4 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2009

Great place !had the pita with hummus,they clover sprouts which were deliscious. The bakery goods were amazing ! I definitely go back for a visit.the only downside was there not open on the weekend. I was visiting thurs thru monday

sos
sos

loved it

4 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2008

This is a very cute vegan friendly cafe. Their sandwiches, soups, salads, and vegan deserts are wonderful. The biggest disappointment was that they aren't open for dinner or on the weekend.

Pros: excellent food, great setting
Cons: not open after 4pm, not open on weekends
AnonymousTasteTester
AnonymousTasteTester

Fabulous food

4 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2008

Very impressed with this restaurant. I'm vegan, and am extremely satisfied with their vegan selections. Everything has always been terrific. And even though you order at the counter, the service is impeccable -- they really make you feel like you're taken care of. The desserts are OUTSTANDING -- vegan cupcakes and cakes and cookies, OMG!!

The only con? I wish they had even more vegan offerings -- which isn't really a con since I just want more of their food!!!

Pros: Consistently good food, Desserts are out of this world, Friendly staff
Cons: Wish they had more vegan offerings
Nikki
Nikki

Get the special!

4 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2007

Every time I have visited the Dandelion Deli I have been satisfied! I have a huge sweet tooth so I come here knowing that I will have a great vegan dessert. I had a wonderful slice of double layered vegan raspberry cake with a creamy frosting. The vegan chocolate cupcakes are decadent and rich. I order the vegan lunch special of which there are usually 2. I had a sweet and sour couscous wrap which consisted of zucchini, tofu, tomatoes, and a very delicious S&S sauce. Yummy!!

Pros: Great Service, Many Vegan Choices, Lots of Desserts
Cons: Not always open for dinner
American Valkyrie
American Valkyrie

I know it's safe for my family!

4 Posted on 08 / 11 / 2007

This year, we put my autistic son on a gluten-free diet. His positive response was so overwhelming that I decided to follow the same diet... again, with overwhelmingly positive results. We were not aware of how gluten-intolerant we were until we both accidentally ate gluten and got sick (and my son got behaviorally erratic.) I know of only four restaurants in the Reno/Sparks area where I know we can go and find something safe for our diets. Dandelion Deli is foremost on that list... we can find so much there, and we KNOW it's safe!

Pros: absolutely delicious, safe for gluten intolerance, always a safe choice for all diets
Cons: open for breakfast and lunch, not open Sundays, parking lot is packed at lunch

Dear Owner and Manager of Anthony's Dandelion Deli and Cafe: