Anna's Bistro

Serves meat, veg options available. Vegan Chinese food and sushi available. Has several types of faux meat available in addition to tofu. Staff very accommodating in improvising with the menu. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
765 A S State St (Gobi/Talmage)
Ukiah, California 95482
707-462-1098

Open Mon-Sat 11am-9pm, Sun 12-9pm.

First Review by Tmadrigal88
Tmadrigal88
Tmadrigal88

Great restaurant with super accodomating owners

4 Posted on 12 / 26 / 2013

Being a vegan can make eating out difficult, but normally, sushi is my default safety. However ordering the cucumber roll every time without even needing to check the menu can be dull, hence I attempted to be experimental at least this once and order what I thought was still vegan. Of course with my luck, I thought wrong. Not only did I order something that wasn't vegan, I ordered something that could kill me(fish)! Luckly for me, the owner took note that I was only eating around the roll and asked why. He quickly decided to make something new just for me seafood free, but again my luck struck out when he brought out a plate full of chicken centered rolls on the house, and he insisted I tried them. I felt obliged to please this man who'd gone out of his way to accomodate me, but that was one line I was not willing to cross. After trying to chew around the rolls and further encouragement to eat the center, I fess up as the vegan I am. He sighs clearly evasporated, but sure enough minutes later in come rolling my faithful cucumber roll. I smile very touched at the several efforts on his part quite convinced at how much this guy cares for each and every one of his customers. Now that's what I call spectacular customer service!

Pros: great caraccomodation of th customer, satsfying food, quality beverage refills
Cons: Unclear vegetarian options

Dear Owner and Manager of Anna's Bistro: