The third Annapurna's Cafe, opened in the summer of 2009. Features Ayurvedic Indian cooking, a variety of teas and chai tea (with soymilk option), and in-house bakery. Vegan-friendly with gluten free options. Previously at 7520 4th St NW. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, International, Ayurvedic, Bakery

First Review by ElizabethBond
LiterateFoodie
LiterateFoodie

Flavorful and unique!

5 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2012

Annapurna is divine. The dishes are sooo flavorful, the menu is easy to discern (symbols indicate the vegan and gluten-free options) and everything is at least vegetarian! What a treat. This place is a must for healthy foodies in New Mexico!

Pros: atmosphere, easy-to-understand menu, almost all vegan!
rbonsal
rbonsal

Eh..

2 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2012

My husband & I stopped in to try it & maybe we just got them on a bad night. we ordered several items to try & shared them. There was a table of 3 screaming kids, so it wasn't exactly peaceful & we found that while the food was fresh, it lacked any seasonings whatsoever. The saag pander, a dish I'm very familiar with, was more of an undercooked, over food processed soup with no flavor. We also found the veggie dish we ordered to be overcooked & not so good. Might try them again on a different day but I wasn't at all impressed for a first impression.

Pros: Healthy food, Definitely vegetarian, Good portions
Cons: Little flavor, Overcooked, Iffy experience
Amphy
Amphy

Grest place, but a little inconsistent

3 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2011

I've eaten here several time & it is great to have a good vegetarian restaurant in the north valley. While I enjoy the food, it can be a little inconsistent. Recently took out of town visitors to dinner, and while my kitchari was tasty & served quickly, it was 20 minutes later that my guests were served their food. One had ordered a quinoa salad without onions (due to an allergy) and the other ordered a quesadilla. What they finally received was a salad with onions and a small cheese pizza. The counterman apologized & came back 10 minutes later with the quesadilla. In consideration of the error he also brought four free vegan cookies. Our guests were very unimpressed & not pleased with the experience.

Pros: atmosphere, cleanliness
Cons: wrong order, slow kitchen service, inconsistent

Fritz
Fritz

Very Satisfying Food, Many Gluten-Free Options

5 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2010

We ate at Annapurna's twice in June of this year, and found the food, much of which is gluten-free, to be very satisfying. I enjoyed the Utthapam, which is sort of like a small, gluten-free pizza. It can be ordered with or without cheese (I had mine without). The spicy Sambar soup was a perfect complement to the Utthapam. My partner and I both loved the desserts. On our first visit, we selected several of the ball-shaped pastries, which are made with dates and other dried fruits and are scrumptious, particularly the chocolate-dipped ones! The second time, I had the sweet potato pie, which I think was the best I have ever tasted!

The service at Annapurna's was efficient, and we did not have to wait long for our food. The atmosphere was pleasant and calm. The restroom was extremely clean. Very nice restaurant.

Pros: Many vegan, gluten-free options, Sambar is excellent!, Pleasant atmosphere; very clean
kimmwiens
kimmwiens

Vegetarian Heaven

5 Posted on 04 / 19 / 2010

Annapurnas is 100% vegetarian and everything on the menu is first and foremost delicious and secondly, focused towards the Ayurvedic system of nutrition. You don't need to know your dosha to enjoy the delicious food though! There are numerous vegan and gluten free options as well. The daily soups are my favorite - along with the award winning vegan carrot cake and an amazing (large) selection of teas.

Pros: delicious food, high quality organic ingredints, peaceful friendly staff
Cons: hmmm..haven't found any yet
ElizabethBond
ElizabethBond

A Little Piece of Heaven!

5 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2009

Using Happy Cow, I searched for a vegan-friendly restaurant close to work. Annapurna's was the first on the list so I decided to give it a whirl. The food was DIVINE. I ordered a sampler and enjoyed every single bite (which was more than I could chew, so I have some leftovers for dinner!) I cooled off with a perfect chilled chai tea made with soy, and then chatted with the manager when I was near done my meal. The price is good, the food was perfection, and the girl behind the counter told me that almost anything can be made vegan. Does it really get any better than this? Absolutely yes, only because they have one location near my work and another near my home. This is going to be a weekly treat for me!

Pros: Healthy Cuisine, Friendly Staff, Tastiest Indian Food EVER

Dear Owner and Manager of Annapurna's World Vegetarian Cafe - 4th St:

Thank you for being a Premium FRIEND supporter.

There's another way to promote your business on HappyCow:

Advertise your large, custom banner on the Albuquerque page, or any other regional page.

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2013/08/30