Serves meat, veg options available. Offers a wide selection of vegetarian dishes from very mild to explosively hot, some of which are vegan or can be made vegan. Chef can make dishes not on the menu, upon request. Has a full bar. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by TJKawamura
gjtokyo
gjtokyo

Delicious food, in a warm, friendly atmosphere

Posted on 10 / 30 / 2014

I keep coming back because, frankly, the food is great.
And so are the staff and management. With both Nepalese and Indian dishes, I like the variety. Relaxing and friendly atmosphere. The furniture appears to be antiques and fit the place well. I'm always on the lookout for a good place to take my brother when he visits Tokyo. As vegan who has spent a lot of time in Nepal and northern India, I'm sure he'll enjoy a meal in Annam. And you know it's not a run of the mill Indian restaurant when the BGM is cool jazz.

Pros: Excellent food, Excellent food, Good, friendly service
Cons: no complaints whatsoever
SaujanyaAcharya
SaujanyaAcharya
  • non-vegetarian

Quite a pleasant experience

Posted on 09 / 07 / 2014

I was in Tokyo few weeks back, and I was craving some authentic homely food. My Japanese friend had taken me there and I must say I was surprised to see so many Japanese customers with cravings for Indian food. The taste was quite authentic - as the chef himself knows what he is cooking. Had a pleasant chat with the owner, who really knows how to engage each customers even when the restaurant was packed. Its quite reasonable in price. When you visit Tokyo, do check it out.

Pros: Food, Service, Price
Cons: Music, No Smoking
mikesmith01
mikesmith01

Great Indian Food for all Types of Eaters

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2014

Me and my wife were on vacation in Japan for two weeks and absolutely loved it. The only problem was that my wife is a vegetarian and there are not many vegetarian options in Tokyo and the rest of Japan. With the advice from a Japanese friend, we decided to eat at this gem, Annam located in the renowned Ginza district. There is an option for everyone here! My wife had a wonderful vegetarian curry with amazing Naan while I had a dazzling chicken Tikka dish. It was amazing to finally find a restaurant that we both could enjoy. We even decided to come back another time and the food was just as good as the first time. I highly recommend this restaurant for any family's or couples with different food preferences as Japanese food can be pretty monotonous.

Pros: Many options, Vegetarian, Service

TJKawamura
TJKawamura

Finally an Amazing Vegetarian option in Tokyo

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

Living in Tokyo there are slim to none vegetarian options. However, this Indian restaurant in the heart of Ginza is a vegetarian option with many choices and enhancing tastes. They offer many indian curries that range from spicy to mild that are sooo delicious. The restaurant, with a executive chef who came from a famous Indian restaurant in Tokyo, makes delicious Indian cuisine for one with any eating other preferences as well: vegetarian, meat, Halal, spicy and mild foods. To top of the delicious food, the service and the atmosphere of the restaurant was amazing. The decor of the restaurant as well as the music created a truly great dining experience. I will definitely be paying Annam a visit again real soon and I highly suggest that you do too.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 16, 2014

Pros: Vegetarian options, Conveinence , Service

Dear Owner and Manager of Annam Restaurant: