Varied food with local Portuguese specialties, subtle seasoning. Small, intimate, and elegant. Located in the old city near the cathedral, near Arco da porta nova. Closed August month. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Portugese

beaneeves
beaneeves

Needs more vegan options

Posted on 03 / 26 / 2015

The portions are huge and the food is really nice so I don't think it's overpriced. Needs more vegan options!

I'm constantly wondering how do they do the pineapple with spices that comes in all plates! It's incredible!!

Pros: Location
Cons: Needs more vegan options
orange_blossom
orange_blossom

Good!

Posted on 03 / 05 / 2015

I came to this little vegetarian place searching for some vegan food in Braga. The menu is quite small but they even had two vegan choices: a legume tarte and a seitan sort-of-goulash. I had the seitan and was not disappointed. The portion was huge and consisted of the seitan stew, brown rice, steamed vegetables and several different sorts of side salad. It was so good I had to finish it all even if it was too much. The tea that came with the meal was on the house.
The place itself is quite modern and stylish (use the bathroom, seriously, it is awesome). The Waitress was very helpful and even some English. The only negative point was that the food came too quickly, so it was clearly not cooked from scratch on the spot.

heuschrecke
heuschrecke

Good food but not good for vegans

Posted on 03 / 21 / 2014

I went there with a couple of (non-vegetarian) friends and all of us liked the food a lot. The tarte de legumes was delicious!!
However, there was only one vegan dish and not one single vegan dessert, so I was quite disappointed. Also, the atmosphere was a bit "cool" and not very cozy.

Pros: good food, big portions
Cons: almost no vegan options, cool atmosphere

PrincesaMichelle
PrincesaMichelle

Delicious, but only one vegan option

Posted on 04 / 02 / 2012

We recently just came back from our trip to Portugal and Spain. It was much harder than I thought to eat vegan throughout the trip. Anjo Verde was a welcomed lunch option. We ate the vegan quiche/pie thing. I can't remember the menu item name but it was the only vegan option in the entire menu. It was a HUGE portion with salad and rice on the side. Could easily be split by two people if you aren't particularly famished. I shared with my 2yr old son and we both enjoyed it.

Pros: One vegan option
Cons: One vegan option, price
Bauldric
Bauldric

Good food

Posted on 12 / 09 / 2011

The food is very tasty but the stuff is reserved, some of them very unfriendly. The restaurant is in the center of Braga. The food is cheap. The atmosphere very bare. For the food I would give a rating of 4-5, but the rest it is a 2.

Pros: good food, cheap
Cons: unfriendly stuff, bare atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Anjo Verde: