Serves meat, veg options available. Restaurante vegetariano serving whole grain bread, apple strudel, fresh fruit juices, hummus, burritos, falafel, quinoa with vegetables, soup, spinach pastry, and more. All food vegetarian except for one dish. Also offering book exchange and tourist information. Vegans please inquire about options and inform HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Peruvian, International, Bakery, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by iceicekati
DIANE240378
DIANE240378

good vegan breads

4 Posted on 09 / 21 / 2013

I ate here a few times &enjoyed it. I loved the banana bread&apple pie which were vegan. The avocado salad was good &i had lentils &other dish too which were large portions. Overall i was happy enough with menu

Pros: helpful staff, good vegan options, easy to find
yukkoj
yukkoj
  • raw

much to be desired

1 Posted on 04 / 15 / 2013

First of all, they are comparatively very expensive. I came here for dinner twice. They do not have a lunch menu but they do have breakfast, so lunch and dinner would be the same.

The salads are all sort of like a cole slaw. The vegetable soup they have does not change daily.

On one visit I ordered a stir fry vegetable because the salad was underwhelming on my first visit (went with people and we had two different kind of salad but they were both the same taste!)

Anyways, the stir fry lacked 3 of the 8 veggies on the menu. The manager Gaby told me that it is that way because its on the coast and sometimes they don't have all the vegetables. So, the stir fry was supposed to have eggplants, califlower, some other peruvian veggie that I did not know, which were ALL missing! I was highly dissappointed and would not recommend this place as such. Its just WRONG!

Pros: only veggie place in town
Cons: bland tasting, expensive for what you get
GezDepaz
GezDepaz

Menu meal

1 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2012

Great tasty spinach pastry, however was very disappointed with main meals. Chickpeas with vegetables was tasteless and presentation was very poor. My husband didn't enjoy his curry rice with vegetables either. Chicha tasted like diluted cordial. Not worth the 18 soles per menu. Does not make vegetarian food appealing.

Pros: Lovely ambiance, Service
Cons: Poor tasting food, Expensive

Guest
Guest

Angela's

3 Posted on 06 / 11 / 2011

I was looking forward to having some nice vegan food. As my husband and I have been doing a cleanse we couldn't have pepper or chilli or any spices. I thought it wouldn't be a problem there. It seems they cook the vegetables for most of the main meals in the morning (with pepper in them) and then microwave them later in the day and evening. They wouldn't do us any veg without pepper so we basically gave up and went to a restaurant across the road where they cooked fresh vegetables without spices.

Pros: Nice bread
bepoo004
bepoo004

The food itself is rather good...

3 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2011

The food itself is rather good, although very pricy. 17 soles for the menu option, which wasn't even filling.
A nonvegan hamburger costs about 10 soles. A full dish 17 to 20.

There is a very large staf 3 people present, and although I was the only customer at dinner, they still managed to provide my soop together with my main dish.

The book exchange costs 3 soles a book

Pros: good ambiance, wifi
jpu
jpu

Okay, healthy

3 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2010

The food is okay here. Healthy but lacking a bit in flavour. Worth a visit.

iceicekati
iceicekati

Great wheat bread

4 Posted on 11 / 18 / 2009

We had three different kinds of bread, the whole wheat, rye and camote (sweet potato) and I would highly recommend all three, very yummy and fulfilling. The food looked really good too, but it was over our budget. The book exchange, at least in Spanish and English, wasn`t too great. Cute place!

Pros: Cute atmosphere, good variety of food, baked goods delish
Cons: also meat, a bit on the pricy side

Dear Owner and Manager of Angela's Place: