Rye vegan cafe offering prepared foods including salads, sandwiches, wraps, smoothies, pastries, ice cream, and cupcakes. Also sells a small selection of vegan grocery. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by kaus
GF Cookie Monster
GF Cookie Monster

Yummy

5 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2013

Food was really fresh, nice blend of raw and cooked items. Tons of gluten-free options, and everything is organic. The grocery section is tiny (just a few cookies and energy bars) -- it's more of a restaurant. Perfect for lunch takeout. All the foods are in giant bowls behind a glass counter, which looks very pretty. There was no fake meat the day I went, which was great. They focus on real food -- quinoa, vegetables, tofu, soups, juices, smoothies, etc.

Pros: Organic!, Friendly staff, Clean and bright
Cons: Expensive
JeffGrippe
JeffGrippe

My only complaint has nothing to do with the food

5 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2013

First of all, this place has great food and a great selection. We shared a plate of about 10 different foods. Each one was great. There wasn't one that we wish we hadn't ordered.

The smoothie that we had was also very good.

The complaint that I refer to in my title is that even if you are eating in, the serve the food in a take out container which is made of plastic. I would have been perfectly content (much happier actually) with a paper plate.

Still, the container has nothing to do with the food which was top notch.

It feels to me more like a lunch place but they are usually open to 8. We got some take out containers of soup and I'll update this review after we've had them.

Pros: Great Food, Impressive selection
Cons: Everything srvd in plastic take out box
wdichristina
wdichristina

Great vegan selections!

5 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2013

I drove about 20 minutes to get to Andy's and it was well worth it! There is a shortage of vegan restaurant options in the area. He has an amazing salad bar with prepared foods on it, including a kind of quinoa/rice roll/dumpling that was delicious. The eating area is small, probably less than ten tables. There is a few sandwich selections (tofu sandwich, veggie burger sandwich). I brought home zucchini soup that was out of this world. Can't wait to go back.

Pros: Fresh, extensive salad options, good vibe
Cons: would love more extensive sandwich menu

mars
mars

High value food at high price

5 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2011

Had to stop in Andy's because the food looked so gorgeous. Everything in Rye is pricy, so Andy's is priced accordingly.

However, everything is fresh and well made. Good for lunch. Open atmosphere and well decorated. Not much for a quiet dinner.

Pros: Organic vegan, great taste, beautiful decor
Cons: very expensive
vegiebeth
vegiebeth

I love this place!

5 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2010

I'm so glad a friend told me about Andy's! What a find. Andy's has smoothies, sandwiches, salads, etc., but my favorite is the buffet with an extraordinary array of creative and delicious items. Their pureed soups are wonderful too. Andy's does a lot of take-out, but there are some small tables for dining in and the decor is very warm and inviting. Go there. You won't be disappointed.

Pros: Healthy, yummy food, Attractive decor and food presentation, Nice staff
Jelden
Jelden

Pleasant Surprise

5 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2010

I never knew raw food could be so good.

While visiting friends we looked for a vegan friendly place to grab lunch and Andy's was the best looking option. And it was amazing. You can order a sandwich, or pick from several pre-made items. I got some tasty quinoa salad, marinated mushrooms, kale salad with the best dressing i've ever had (and i don't like dressing at all), and a few other treats.

The thing that really set this apart, as if the food wasn't good enough, was the server. I did not catch his name but he was so nice and so helpful. I can not wait to visit my friends again so i can eat at Andy's again!

Pros: Staff, Great Raw Vegan Food
eatfeet
eatfeet

An Oasis of Goodness

4 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2009

If the sun were a stocked refrigerator, it would be Andy's Vegan Cafe. It's so bright in there and full of life sustaining food. Unlike the sun, Andy's will not kill you if you get too close...well, maybe if you've got unlimited funds and can eat until you burst. But then your death would be a happy one. Messy, but happy. And satiated. For real though, this is one of the few places I've been to that causes me to lose control of my senses and succumb to gluttony. I ate past the point of being full, and brought home food which I'm eating now. I'm overfull, I'm uncomfortable, but everyting just looked so dang delicious...makes you want to try it all! The a la carte food selections are all naturally colorful and pure...like, like, like a buffet of rainbows! I spent more than I budgeted for, but so what, it was awesome! I'm thrilled that I'm in this town for the whole weekend. I'll be eating at Andy's for two more days, ain't bothering to look around for any place else. Wish I wasn't just passing through so I could try one of their multi-day cleanses. Lawd knows I need it!

Pros: Awesome food, drinks, deserts, Swell folks, Clean
Cons: I can't fit the place in my suitcase
laroccochiro
laroccochiro

Fantastic vegan cafe in Westchester, Finally!

5 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2009

My family frequent Andy's usually after a great workout at the Rye Y. There isn't much I don't love about Andy's Cafe. He's such a nice person an you can sample anything. I highly recommend the Coco Avocado drink. His fresh food bar always has amazing vegan/raw foods. He will make whatever you like or suggest to him. Andy really is a great guy. The quickness of his food preparation has improved greatly. If you order something its best that you call it in 15-30 minutes prior to your arrival. I make certain that my patients and friends know about Andy's so that they can nourish their bodies with some of the best local, organic, raw, vegan food around. Make Andy's a must for your health and well being.
Dr. David LaRocco owner and director of "The Greater Wellbeing".

Pros: organic, vegan, raw
forestfairy
forestfairy

vegan + westchester county = wow. finally!

4 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2009

Finally a VEGAN cafe in RYE...I thought it would never happen! The owner, Andy, is the nicest person...ask him why he became vegan- it's a great story :)
the banana bread is amazing, they have chicago's temptation vegan ice cream...yummmy. prices are high, but it's RYE so that's not a surprise!
my fiance loves the cupcakes, too sweet for me though...
also, it's 92% organic, NICE!
Last time I was there, Andy had just made homemade cashew milk and he gave me a free sample: it was outstanding!!!

Pros: nice staff, 92% organic, 100% vegan
Cons: pricey, but it's appropriate for RYE
kaus
kaus

Andy's Cafe

2 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2009

I was really excited to find a vegan cafe in our area, since we don't have any in our county. I was disappointed with the food however. Our order took a long time to prepare (this is a cafe which looks like it is trying to cater to a lunch crowd, so I would think it would have been quicker), portions were small, and the food was overpriced. The nut hummous sandwich was pretty good. I had a salad with avocado in it. The avocado was unripe - there was only a tiny amount and the avocado was crunchy. The seating area was tiny, and the cafe doesn't have anything in the way of ambience. The staff was friendly.

Pros: vegan, healthy
Cons: expensive, small, bland
  • eatfeet eatfeet

I had the avocado salad too, and mine was fine. I appreciated that the restaurant didn't have anything unecessary in it, just like the food! No gimmicks or fillers. Good grub, a clean place to sit, nice music, friendly service, and a recycling bin. The prices are appropriate for the area, and comparable to vegan spots I've eaten at in Maryland. Plus the ingredients they use ain't cheap. My order came out quickly as did the orders of folks who came in after me. I hope their buisness goes through the roof so they can expand and add a drive thru! Okay no drive thru, just more business than they could ever dream of.

Dear Owner and Manager of Andy's Vegan Cafe: