Andrum Cafe and Restaurant

Wide selection of vegan food, both from the salad buffet, and from the kitchen. Some desserts are also vegan. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Buffet, Salad bar, Western, Swedish

Mon-Fri 11:00am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm

First Review by aouri
HarrisonEdwards
HarrisonEdwards

amazing. I don't understand the bad reviews.

Posted on 11 / 23 / 2014

If you're a vegan, this place is a mat whilst in Gothenburg. It's a veery reasonable price for us Australians who have come from Norway and Iceland. Very good food, very friendly, ideal location, easy to find, help yourself all you can eat buffet!! What's the problem? People are too picky and quick to judge these days. This place is brilliant.

bananaspender
bananaspender

good for lunch and dessert

Posted on 03 / 03 / 2014

I always enjoy the lunch service for hearty food and as a vegan its nice to have something besides a vegan chocolate ball because they have vegan pie with vegan cream! Yay. Plus its across the road from the outlet mall which is nice!

Pros: good location , has vegan dessert , filling
jimbobjoe99
jimbobjoe99

not amazing, but good value lunch

Posted on 08 / 17 / 2013

just been for lunch and paid 77Kr for a plate piled high, split between the salad bar and some hot options which were roasted new potatoes(lovely)rice, lentil burger and vegetable curry. The salad options were good enough and seemed fresh. The price also included a bowl of soup and portion of bread. There was a choice of 2 soups and I had a red thai soup that was very tasty.

The young guy behind the counter was helpful in guiding us as we were unsure what the advertised price allowed.

While the food, nor the service are great, this is a budget option and is a very useful place for those on a budget. You will get a good feed for about £8 - which in Sweden is pretty good

Pros: Good value, Filling

yorkie77
yorkie77

Not a fan!

Posted on 03 / 12 / 2013

Staff were not that friendly when I went. The other reviewer is right, I was not comfortable there either. The food does not seem that fresh.

greenmustache
greenmustache
  • raw

Don't recommend this

Posted on 12 / 24 / 2012

I never feel comfortable in Andrum! The food is always the same, no variation! It stays in the fridge for days I assume. The stuff is very unfriendly. They also have Wi-Fi which is not for customers. All in all choose something else!

Pros: decent open hours
Cons: unfriendly stuff, same and reused food for days
bencamps
bencamps

Worth a visit

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2012

Visited on 22/09/12 for lunch & again on 23/09 for breakfast. It costs 79Kr for the buffet which when we went was made up of 6 hot dishes, 4 of which were vegan, plus the salad bar was totally vegan. They also do different burgers and filled rolls. The food was fresh and tasty, the place is on the main street opposite the shopping centre and the upstairs seating is a good place to sit and watch the world go by. My girlfriend noticed that they did for different sweet pies/crumbles so we went back the following day for breakfast. I had Rhubarb, she had blueberry, both with a vanilla sauce. I would recommend going here as by Swedish standards it represents value for money, the food is good and the staff helpful.

dalesturgess
dalesturgess

Ex cellent Value, Good Vegan Choices

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2012

They had two Vegan choices for entree when I went - a Vegan lasagne and a Vegan curry chickpea stew. I had the stew which was a nice mix of chickpeas, potatoes and onions in a yellow curry. They provided a very large plate of hot food and also a nice raw salad bar with vegetable and nut choices. The food was tasty and the entire meal was only 79Kr. The staff spoke excellent English and helped me identify the Vegan options. Location is steps from Central Station and just across from Nordstan mall.

Pros: Vegan options, Inexpensive, Convenient location
hokusai77
hokusai77

hearty food

Posted on 03 / 25 / 2012

Nice deal from what you get from. I had a large salad taken from the buffet, followed by vegan lasagna and beans stew. Simple cuisine, good portions. As a dessert we had some nicely scented chocolate and oat balls, which were tasty and good.

Pros: good value
Cons: menu only in Swedish
Sanna
Sanna

really bad!

Posted on 08 / 29 / 2011

worst in town. The Buffet food is always sitting under heating lamps and gets overcooked and dry. I have a feeling they microwave the food. I've also seen them deal with money and the next second make a burger..? not okey. Some of the Staff are not vegetarian.

Cons: Bad food, wierd staff, they serve tuna!
Amy1274
Amy1274

Mixed food, good prices

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2011

For 79 SEK you can really pile up a large plate - I couldn't finish mine! The main courses are good quality but not amazing, whereas the cakes really are something to write home about. Vegan options are clearly labelled.

ishtari
ishtari

Ok

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2011

Andrum is a nice place with many different vegan options, I would recommend anything that have their lovely pea-pesto ("ärtpesto" on the Swedish menu). They vegan main courses are changed every day but the salad buffet is mostly the same. However the amount of spice is usually a bit bland and they don't take credit cards.

Pros: Pea-pesto
Cons: No seconds, No credit cards
Georgina
Georgina

Great good-value buffet

Posted on 11 / 13 / 2010

We visited Andrum twice in the evening recently. It was really quiet both times but seemed to be packed when we passed it one lunchtime. The boards and instructions were confusing (and I understand Swedish) but once we'd figured out the buffet we really enjoyed it. Hot dishes are included so I was sooo spoilt for choice. The staff didn't harass you or run up and offer help while we were staring at the menu but I wouldn't say they were unhelpful - when asked, they were pleasant. Cake choices were great for vegans too. They shut at 8pm Sunday and when we arrived at 7pm the girl seemed panicky and had started clearing some things up because they shut so soon though?!

Pros: Value, Location, Range of dishes
Cons: Complicated to understand menu/price
Cara Cara
Cara Cara

Not exciting but good enough

Posted on 09 / 24 / 2010

I found this quite good, things weren't clearly labelled for vegan vs. vegetarian but otherwise no complaints and it is right in the city.

Pros: good value, wide range of food, location
Cons: buffet without instruction, labelling not always clear, very busy
tumbleweed67
tumbleweed67

Okay for lunch, but not for dinner

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2010

If you like a school type lunch with total self-service, uncomfy seating and a cashier with a "couldn't care less" attitude, you'll feel right at home at Andrum. Unfortunately it's not the breathing space it calls itself, but makes you want to leave ASAP. I won't go back.

Pros: You can pick the food yourself
Cons: Staff, Mediocre food, Atmosphere
aouri
aouri

It's a restaurant

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2010

They do serve food, a vegan burger which I have never had the pleasure of eating since they ran out of them the first time and had closed the kitchen the second time i was there. Unfortunately they didn't manage to fix something else vegan which surprised me since the are a vegetarian cafe and should be prepared for such a request.They did have vegan crumbelpies with vegan vanilla sauce though.
Quite a large restaurant near the central station.

Pros: location
Guest
Guest

Good place!

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2007

We found this buffet style vegetarian resaurant pleasant and economical. We went back the next night and the main courses were the same so we went to the malasian place next door which had some good bead curd dishes. All in all, we reccommend Andrum!

Pros: good food, setting
Cons: repeated the menu 2 niite

Dear Owner and Manager of Andrum Cafe and Restaurant: