CLOSED: Andaman Thai Cuisine

Serves meat, veg options available. Thai restaurant serving food, tea, and coffee. Will cook vegan food in a separate pan upon request. Try the tom yum kah coconut milk soup and the pad see ew noodles. CONFIRMED SHUT DOWN IN NOVEMBER 2012. Price: Moderate more-less
Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by lindseys
brandon.niles
brandon.niles

Wonderful Experience

4 Posted on 05 / 10 / 2010

Vegans in Lincoln City... we were concerned. However, we stumbled upon this place, and figured we'd try it because Thai restaurants typically have something for us to eat. We were alone in the place for lunch, but the service was great for us. The server was a little eccentric seeming, but very helpful and knew what vegan was. He let us know what we could and couldn't eat and was very friendly. The place was clean, and the food was absolutely fantastic! I had the Panang Curry with just veggies, and I also had the Spring Rolls. Our group also had the soup and a curry dish. We were all thrilled with the results! Probably the best spring rolls I've had, bursting with veggies. I would highly, highly recommend this place to anyone, especially vegans. I'll definitely return next time I'm in town.

Pros: Food Quality, Cleanliness, Vegan Options
BanditQueen
BanditQueen

Very Slow but Very Good

4 Posted on 09 / 17 / 2008

My husband, 3 year-old daughter and I were looking for a nice meal during our long weekend in Lincoln City. On a Saturday night when we entered there were 2 families waiting, sitting on a bench. Nobody acknowledged us for a while. There was one waitress working who looked lost and very slow. After waiting about 10 minutes I spoke to one of the ladies waiting and she said no one had spoken to them so they were checking out the menus. After another 10 minutes the 2 families were finally seated, but we could see that everything was very slow. There were even 2 signs posted saying that it may take time to get served, but the food is worth it. Well given that we were already tired we decided to leave. But the next morning my husband suggested that we go back to see if the food was really worth it. I really had to be convinced because i was discouraged by our first experience.
Well it was worth it. We were the first ones in the restaurant (11:30) AM and it was still a bit slow, but so good. I wish they had a restaurant in Portland. We had the special Tom Yum soup with noodles and a Yellow Curry dish. They were both very good and beautifully presented. I think they need help staff-wise, but the cooking is excellent.

Pros: Fresh food, Tasty food, Beautiful presentation
Cons: slow service
lindseys
lindseys

Will not be returning

1 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2008

I saw the posting on this website and decided to give it a try since Lincoln City is not vegan-friendly. Because we had our dog with us, my boyfriend went in and ordered take-out while I waited outside. While waiting for our food I decided to use the restroom in the restaurant- I didn't think it would be a problem since I was a paying customer. When I walked in and asked the man working there if there was a restroom, he curtly repeated my question, then answered yes. Now I think it's pretty obvious when someone asks if there is a restroom that he or she probably wants to use it. Well not to this man, who just stared at me like I was disgusting, so I said, "I'd like to use it, where is it?" He responded, "Oh, you'd like to use it, well, you can also use the laundromat's restroom." I asked why I would use the laundromat's restroom when there was one in the restaurant and instead of saying that the restroom is for customer's only, which I know he was thinking but wouldn't say, he just looked at me until I asked again where it was. He told me and I used it. When I told my boyfriend how he treated me, he went inside to try to cancel the order. The owner who took our order brought the man over to see what was going on, and as soon as my boyfriend mentioned the restroom incident, the man turned his back saying he didn't want to talk about it. The woman tried to smooth things over by saying the food was ready and worth the wait. We ended up taking the food, making it clear to the owner that we wouldn't be back, to which she taunted that it was our loss for not returning and something about not letting one preacher turn you away from a church after a bad sermon....yeah...huh? So anyways, the food didn't come with napkins or plastic utensils and was dry and bland. I wouldn't eat there again if I was paid to do it.

Cons: Horrible customer service, No napkins or utensils w/ takeout order, Dry, bland food

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Andaman Thai Cuisine: