Serves meat, veg options available. Family-run South Indian restaurant with lots of vegetarian and vegan choices. Friendly owners speak English and understand and support veganism. Can offer to make many vegetarian dishes vegan as well. Special lunch deals with soup and salad. On Saturday and Sunday, 12-4:30pm, a special all-you-can-eat vegan-only buffet, offers 4-5 different curry dishes, pakoras, poppadoms, dips and fruit. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Non-veg

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Tascan
tiki_spanky
tiki_spanky

Great food, but mixed feelings

Posted on 06 / 04 / 2015

As I was craving Indian food really bad lately, I simply had to check out their all-you-can-eat-buffet and definately wasn't left disappointed!
Very tasty all vegan food (though not as spicy as I was hoping for) for an unbeatable price! The variety isn't very big, but absolutely reasonable. Also make sure to get their delicious vegan mango lassi along with your food!
The staff is basically friendly, but has a very weird sense of humor. I was the first person in there just as they opened up around noon. After asking me if I was actually vegan, he told me that they unfortunately used dairy in one of the dishes and if that was ok for me, just to say he was only kidding upon my disappointment. He continued with his strange jokes whenever I made my way to the buffet and he didn't have to do anything (most of the time he was playing with his smartphone next to the buffet where he was charging it). There was also some loud yelling between him and someone in the kitchen at one point. Besides that he was easy to talk to and tried to help as much as possible, though his overall behavior was rather unprofessional.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday June 03, 2015

Pros: great food, low prices
Cons: weird staff, mediocre interior
wildfang
wildfang

Great vegan weekend brunch

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2014

I have eaten here many times as my partner used to work in the area. The quality of the food is on and off but always at a very low price. The service is special - friendly most of the time but sometimes weird. Once a friend of ours found a whole plastic bag (!) in his curry and all he was told was "These things happen" - no reimbbursement, complimentary drink, nothing....

Last weekend we tried their vegan weekend brunch for the first time and were delighted. It costs 6,50€ all you can eat only and was very tasty, well spiced and freshly prepared. Also the vegan mango lassi tasted superb.
The only downside was that the owner (?) kept gossiping about customers he had had recently and about the restaurant next door (TUTTI). Maybe he is gossiping about us right now..

I do like their effort to do more and more vegan things, though, and hope they will continue to do so in the future.

Pros: Good value
Cons: Strange service
Tascan
Tascan

Great Value Indian, Especially the Vegan Buffet!

Posted on 04 / 28 / 2014

Since we live close to this family-run South-Indian restaurant, we are frequent visitors. Though it is not exclusively veg, it has a great variety of vegetarian and vegan options on the menu. The extremely friendly staff are more than happy to help you pick, and almost any dish on the menu can be made vegan as well. The dishes are all delicious, I can especially recommend the Masala Dosa and the vegan mango lassi.

Best of all, everything is at excellent value. The lunch deal is at around 4€ and includes main dish and soup. Even better, however, is the vegan lunch buffet on Saturday and Sunday. For 6,50€ you can have however much you want of a selection of delicious vegan dishes. Last time we went there were 4 different curries, poppadoms, pakoras, 3 different chutneys, dosas, and 3 kinds of rice.

Unbeatable value for vegan food in Berlin, and definitely worth a visit.

Pros: Excellent value, Friendly staff, Wide range of vegan options
Cons: Serves meat dishes as well

Dear Owner and Manager of Anantha Raja: