Raw vegan chocolatier and confectioner. Emphasis is on chocolate and desserts. Opened since Jan 2013. more-less

First Review by AnjiBee
chobesoy
chobesoy

• herbivore

delightful, quaint, chocolate bomb

5 Posted on 06 / 19 / 2014

Wow I had the most intense chocolate drink here ever. That milkshake is for serious chocolate fans. A bit reluctant to go all out and get everything I wanted since the prices are a bit high, but I'm glad I at least opted for the drink: a chocolate and coconut milk blend of the ultimate dark raw stuff. By the time I got home I had a little bit of it left, mixed it with the almond milk I had a home and made myself a diluted yet still incredible second drink. It was the drink that kept on giving.
Yes, this is a review solely on a milkshake, like pulp fiction, there is plenty one can say about something you think at first is too much to pay for but when you drink it, it's a damn good milkshake :)
I'll splurge again on other items next time I drop by.

Pros: the real stuff, can drool for hours at items
Cons: price
vegannomad2
vegannomad2

What a treat - a unique offering of vegan desserts

5 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2014

Pure ingredients, extremely carefully and well made products - fudge, truffles, chocolates. It was a real treat to find Anandamide. Very creativ, brilliantly done. Nothing is too sweet - pure taste of the cocoa and fruits. Clean, made on site in peaceful atmosphere. A treat for vegan chocolate lovers. I definitely intend to go back anytime I am in the area. Don't know of another place like it in the world.

Pros: Vegan, well done
AnjiBee
AnjiBee

Imaginatively conceived raw cacao candies + more

5 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2013

With bated breath I've awaited the opening of Anandamide. When store creator, Justin, revealed the concept to me a year or so ago, I was completely enthralled. Having enjoyed his Substantial brand raw chocolates (previously sid&moLLy brand) at local events and cafes -- as well as his previous culinary contributions to the LB brand, Elevated Edibles -- I knew we were really in for something special.

And Anandamide has not disappointed in the least! The array of naturally sweetened, super-food laden, richly filled, and imaginatively conceived raw cacao candies is AMAZING, and added to that plentiful bounty is a growing selection of super-rich raw pies, bars, cakes etc - often with a more fruity bent - from Justin's partner, Adriana. Between the two of them, just about any sweet tooth should be satiated.
As a health conscious vegan with a sophisticated palette, I have to say that these are the ONLY chocolates I am interested in eating (aside from Chef Ito's when I'm down at Au Lac) and I greatly look forward to seeing how Anandamide's line of raw desserts continue to unfold.

Favorite selections thus far: the Boxes of Boxes of Chocolate Delights collection, the limited edition sid&moLLy 'A holistic approach to substance abuse. Vol. 1' collection, the Caramel Filled Monkey Bar, and the S'mores.
Updated from previous review on Friday February 08, 2013

Pros: All Raw Vegan Treats, Naturally Sweetened, Healthy Ingredients, Imaginately Conceived Food & Storefront
Cons: Closed Monday (LOL!)

Dear Owner and Manager of Anandamide - Psychedelicatessen: