Nice ambiance with pretty bohemian lanterns and view of the river and the bridge. English menu. Moderate-expensive prices by local standard but affordable for foreigners. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, International
4th floor Jaipur Inn Hotel, Laxman Jhula village
Rishikesh, India 249-192
n/a

Call for hours - tell us

• Cash only

First Review by Chia
Illuminatio
Illuminatio

great view

Posted on 03 / 07 / 2009

One of the best views in rishikesh. Good staff (not all places have a good staff around here). Bookshelf with books you can lend while sitting there. Good food. The music from the bridge-"plaza" below is annoying. Two competing sales boots both play the same video (one song!) over and over the whole day! I brought my ipod last time. You can also bring an interesting friend...

Pros: great view, library, good staff
Cons: "music" = one song
Rasa
Rasa

Ananda

Posted on 09 / 14 / 2007

I stayed at the Jaipur Inn for a month and usually had at least one meal per day at Ananda, which was right down the hall from my room. The food was good (not great except for the palak paneer) and I never got sick from anything I had there. The waiters are friendly and competent, so I felt the nice service deserved a tip. A little on the expensive side compared to the other restaurants in the area serving western-style food but it was a safe haven for my delicate stomach.

Pros: clean, good decor, fabulous view
Cons: pricier than most
Chia
Chia

Unsure

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2006

Our friends liked this place, but I did not... the night my husband and I dined there, we had to wait about 1 hour for our meal. My order of Chinese-style stir fry noodles was too salty and tangy (not at all Chinese), but my husband's rice pulao (rice & vegetables) was aromatic and tasty. But in the end we both had diarrea the next morning. I did not go back again, but other friends have and were okay.

Pros: nice view
Cons: slow service

Dear Owner and Manager of Ananda: