Modern and casual teahouse and vegetarian restaurant. Food is vegan. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Western, Serbian

zungi
zungi

Mixed picture

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2015

I had the daily meal (which consists of a soup and a main dish plus a simple green salad). The soup (with a slice of freshly baked bread) was too salty and lukewarm. The main dish was fancy: Rice with seeds, breaded (?!) red cabbage balls and grated carrots in a vegan mayonnaise - I hope I've named this correctly -, the combination of foods was definitely unusual. Unfortunately the main dish was lukewarm too, but everything seemed very fresh.

All this was not cheap - and here I disagree with other reviewers: 450 Dinar (~ 4 dollar) is unaffordable for a large portion of the population and can't compete with many other restaurants - which the restaurant probably doesn't want to do anyway.

The service was prompt and English speaking - and as friendly as the atmosphere generally.

I'm glad this restaurant exists - and I'm likely to return. The general quality is still good and - there are apparently no alternatives in Novi Sad.
Updated from previous review on Friday March 13, 2015

Pros: fresh, good quality
Cons: lukewarm, salty
  • NatashaNS NatashaNS

I see you disagreed with others concerning the prices in Ananda, and would like to clear out some things.
    Those prices they have really aren't expensive at all. For a very nice, fulfilling meal (depends how hungry you are, of course), that really isn't much. There probably are some places out there with the same prices and way higher income, but Serbia just "got used" to certain prices, so when you compare Serbian income with all sorts of prices you see in the city, you'd say "damn, how do you live at all?", but people would say "no, that one is pretty ok, actually" (again it depends, of course).
    There's a place in Novi Sad where a piece of cake is 50 dinars or so, and people say "omg, that's SO cheap!". No it isn't. It just a very realistic price.

But ah well, I could go on about this until forever....
    I just wanted to try to explain to you how the situation is in Serbia. :)
    I'm glad you visited Novi Sad, btw. Ananda is the only vegan place we have, but it's a very good one! :)

rhelune
rhelune

Hurry up and eat here

Posted on 11 / 10 / 2013

I managed to eat there only once because the restaurant closes at 6pm and isn't open on Sundays. The food was tasty and constituted a complete meal. I also had a very tasty Indian spiced muffin (which survived the trip to the other part of the city, although the staff warned me it wouldn't). The food is very cheap by the western standards and quite affordable by Serbian standards as well.

Pros: very good value, tasty food
Cons: closes at 6pm
kumovic
kumovic

Don't feel like cooking today? Go to Ananda!

Posted on 10 / 31 / 2013

I'm eating in this vegan restaurant 4 to 5 times a week for more than 3 years. And all I can say is that it is fantastic. You can take away your cooked lunch or good sandwich for breakfast or diner, or enjoy a nice artistic atmosphere with very friendly staff. Prices are very affordable.

JolienC
JolienC

Ananda

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2013

Friendly staff, nice food. They got everything from breakfast till dinner. You can take it away or you can eat inside.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, many choices
Cons: you can't sit outside
veegun
veegun

Only proper place for vegans in Novi Sad

Posted on 02 / 19 / 2013

Have been several times in this restaurant close to the center.It's vegan-only, tasty, portions big enough, fair price, kind service, nice space.

Pros: Price, Taste, Service
Cons: Not enough raw options
Ladybird_
Ladybird_
  • raw

Regarding the listed price-category

Posted on 11 / 26 / 2011

i am from novi sad and I love to eat at Ananda. One thing I would never say about it is that it is moderately priced. Why, beacuse it is cheap. You can have the whole main mail with home maid wholewheat bread and amazing fresh green seasonal salad for 3,5 euros up to 4 euros. Soup price is 1,5 Euros. Amazing vegan cakes are around 1 euro..

So enjoy your meal in this lovely place with low prices.

xoxo

Beckle
Beckle

fantastic to find Vegan in Novi Sad

Posted on 09 / 23 / 2011

Visited this restaurant when staying in Novi Sad for EXIT festival and I was so pleasantly surprised to find them here! They have daily dishes and when we visited it was a vegan pasta, like Bolognaise style with soy chunks in replace of meat. We also had tempura veg and desserts.

The desserts were Indian inspired and really nice with spices such as cinammon.

The owners are lovely and dedicated to veganism.

Pros: Service, Price, Service

Dear Owner and Manager of Ananda: