Ananda Bhavan Vegetarian...

Vegetarian Indian restaurant. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian
58 Serangoon Rd (Little India)
Central Singapore, Singapore

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Petesternz
Neeruam
Neeruam

Just another Indian restaurant

Posted on 06 / 02 / 2014

The food is nice here and not expensive, but it can be very crowded. I had to wait half an hour to get my food the second time I went there, and all the waitors seemed to be in a rush. If you are looking for a nice place to chill out don't go there, but if what you want is just a regular Indian restaurant with good food, this is perfect.

Pros: Good food, Good location, Not expensive
Cons: Crowded
Richard Myers
Richard Myers

Inexpensive and easy to find

Posted on 11 / 19 / 2013

Get off the MRT at Little India and a short walk to the end of Buffalo Road will take you to the Ananda Bhavan. It is very much a cafeteria style restaurant; place your order at the window and you are given an order number plate to place on your table. I was lucky enough to be helped by one of the employees to make sure what I ordered was vegan. The meal was fine and not expensive.

Pros: Cheap, Easy to locate
Cons: Not fine dinning
Ianthewander
Ianthewander

It is good

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2013

I was not going to write a review, others have, but I noticed a reviewer in 2009 had written a bad review. Maybe this person hit a bad patch then, but not now. The restaurant is good: tasty food, wide variety, daily specials (I always ask for the special, never know what I will get, but always good), and friendly staff (they always give me something extra!). I cannot see how anyone could complain. The one mild annoyance is that the restaurant is always busy. It is not a place to linger over your food and contemplate life. I invariably swing by here at least once in Sing. Recommended.

Pros: taste, price, convenient
Cons: crowded, ambiance

Petere
Petere

always great

Posted on 01 / 14 / 2013

I travel to Singapore several times a year for business and head to Little India for evening meals every second day on the NW SMRT line. This is a very special restaurant - a wide range of great food at modest prices, and I love the way they promote the vegetarianism.

Metal Vegan
Metal Vegan

Ananda Bhavan

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2009

Not the worst Indian food I've ever eaten, but not too far from it either. This was barely passable I'm afraid, and it actually made me sick afterward. Overpriced food and unfriendly staff make this a dining nightmare. If you want quality Indian food served by people who enjoy what they do, look elsewhere.

Pros: None
Cons: Bad food, Bad prices, Bad attitudes
craigmc
craigmc

fantastic...a must

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2008

What can i say, counter service, staff giving suggestions, fantastic food!!!!
I had a nan meal, sg$6/gbp2/us$3. two nan breads, three curries.
Go there now!!!

Pros: great staff, great food, great value
Petesternz
Petesternz

Can't Get Enough!

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2007

Absolutely love this place. The food is DELICIOUS, especially the amazing dosais. Great prices, nice clean restaurant. What more could you ask for in an Indian place? Awesome barfi for dessert as well...

Pros: clean, large portions, excellent food

Dear Owner and Manager of Ananda Bhavan Vegetarian Indian Restaurant: