Small, colorful veg restaurant serving vegan fusion cuisine. One menu at dinner time. No alcohol served. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, International
117, rue de la Tour Jacob
Luxembourg L-1831
+352-691925256

Open Tue-Fri 12:00-14:00 and 19:00-21:45, Sat 19:00-21:45.

First Review by MicheleFerguson
VeggieJC
VeggieJC

Delicious but Overpriced

3 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2013

I have been in this cozy restaurant several times and the food was always very good and the owner very friendly. But it seems to me that the prices increase every time I go there. The last time we paid over 100 € for two persons for a quantity of food that I can get in the other vegetarian restaurants (ex.: Au Plaisir de Vivre) at half of the price. I don't know what justifies that price but unfortunately it is the only true vegan restaurant in Luxemburg at the moment. I'd go there more often but I cannot afford to pay that price anymore.
Updated from previous review on Sunday December 01, 2013

Pros: Cozy place, Delicious Food, Friendly Owner
Cons: Overpriced
elsab
elsab

disappointed

2 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2013

I went there with my husband about 1 year ago. The food was good, but as there were no written menus, we didn't know all prices, especially for drinks. And it was pricy: for 1 liter of water + 1 glass of wine : 15 euros!!! 5 euros each! and the water was in plastic bottles! + what I we appreciated the less was that she offered to help us an extra serving by saying to hubby : " oh you're quite tall, maybe you're still hungry (which he was by the way , but he's 2m tall...). Would you like a littel bit more ?" I was pregnant at the time, so we both said yes and we had 2 small extra fried onions. Which costed us 10€ extra. Eventually the bill arrived : 76€ which is really expensive even for Luxembourg. We will never go there again even though we live close by and that's a pity because the other vegetarian restaurants in Lux are only open week days at lunch time. But it wasn't worth 76€.

sdelandtsheer
sdelandtsheer

Great food experience

4 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2012

Better call before you go there, the restaurant might be closed if there are no reservations...
Only one item on the menu, which could be disappointing if you like to choose.
Other than that, the service is very attentionate, and the food is awesome, more on the "macro-biotic" side than just vegan. We had a kind of lentils I had never tasted, miso soup, rice and vegetables. Perfectly seasoned salad and a good dessert. A bit pricy, though. No wine, beer, or coffee, just tea or water...

Recommended

Pros: very healthy, friendly staff
Cons: price, no wine or beer
  • sdelandtsheer sdelandtsheer

To be noted, I have seen the owner in a nearby irish pub the other day, and she was eating a huge burger. So much for the "I've been vegan for 40 years" motto...

Laudi
Laudi

Absolutely Delicious

3 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2011

The place is very cozy, the staff is very friendly, and the food is absolutely amazing!
But ... you should bring a lot of time and even more money ... Not exactly aiming for a younger target group, maybe except the rich twens from Luxembourg. Even though I think the food was very good, creative, and served with love, it is nevertheless over-prized.

Pros: Healthy, creative food, Cozy atmosphere
Cons: Very slow (but friendly) service, Over-prized
Sergeetmelanie
Sergeetmelanie

Really good

4 Posted on 10 / 12 / 2010

We discovered delicious aliments we hadn't heard about before, the place is colourful and the service is really kind and helpful. Moreover,for Luxembourg city, it's not expensive. Original concept, only one menu that changes every day according to the market... they now have organic wine

Pros: delicious food, not expensive
Edz
Edz

Unique

5 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2010

Amazing meal, nice style and presentation, looked extremely healthy. We had a platter of various components which all stood up on their own but complemented each other.

Friendly staff with fluent English. Cost about 50 Euro for two.

Pros: healthy, close to a bus stop
Cons: outside town centre
TraceyN
TraceyN

Savory and Healthy

4 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2010

Had an amazing meal at Anabana. The dinner was a series of mini dishes, all designed to aid in digestion and to provide complementing health benefits.

Organic Vegan wine, miso soup, salad, white beans, quinto, appel sauce spiced with ginger are a few of the things you might be served at this unique restaurant.

Highly recommended.

Pros: Healthy, Vegan, Microbiotic
nila
nila

Great Meal, Very Tasty

5 Posted on 03 / 16 / 2010

The meal was great. Tons of varied flavour and texture. Definitely an 'eating experience' here rather than just going for a meal. Everything is made fresh and not rushed, it's really designed as a place to go out to and enjoy a well prepared meal where you relax and take your time enjoying each course and meal.

Pros: Delicious, Unique Flavours, Cosy
Cons: Cant eat in a hurry, Smaller Portions
Sandrachelsie
Sandrachelsie

Anabanana

5 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2010

We went to Anabanana about a a week ago. And we loved it! The restaurant was very colorful and both cooks were very nice! They even turned up the heat for me because they thought that I would be cold otherwise.
They told us all about the food they cooked and the products they use.
What we also really liked: the food wasn't only really good and tasty, the plates were also good to look at!
We had such a nice time and such a good meal over there! I just had to take a picture of the cooks who gave us such a great evening. So I have something to remember them by.
We would have loved to come back the next day, but that was a Sunday, so they were closed.
After our meal we went back to our hotel and we felt so energetic!
So this is what Anabana offers you: a great evening with tasty food that gives you lots of energy.

Sandra and Roy from the Netherlands

Pros: Healthy and tasty food, Caring cooks
The Smiths
The Smiths

A Vegan Paradise...

5 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2009

We visited Ana's restaurant while on a camping holiday in Luxembourg. We had 2 of our children with us & our daughter's boyfriend, so 5 of us. The experience was amazing - vegan, macrobiotic, colourful & extremely wholesome! Every mouthful was exploding with flavour & so lovingly presented. We were encouraged to take our time & we left feeling very energetic, totally revived, refreshed & we all had a spring in our step - even though it was late at night! Ana & her staff are all lovely people & we were treated like VIPs. It was great to chat to Ana at the end of the night - about veganism & families. All veggie/vegan folks should visit if possible, we've never come across any restaurant like this in the UK & veggie restaurant owners could all take a leaf out of Ana's book. We just wished she'd set up home in Cornwall...

Pros: 100% Organic, vegan, macrobiotic., Lovely atmosphere, friendly staff., Colourful, uplifting decor.
X-tul23
X-tul23

Incredibly good vegan restaurant!

5 Posted on 04 / 17 / 2009

The only true vegetarian and vegan place in Luxembourg. Not to be missed under any circumstances. There's only one menu in the evening, but it is a cluinary experience! I've never tasted anything similar anywhere else and it is amazing to see how the chef mixes tastes to create original dishes. The place is small and colourful with the friendliest staff you could imagine. Amazing!!

Pros: Food, Staff, Place
thisisroger
thisisroger

So inspiring!

5 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2008

Wow! I can't begin to describe how delicious all of this food was. There was so much attention to detail, each ingredient serving a specific purpose, and everything so beautifully presented. All of this, combined with Ana and the other chef's (I was in too much shock over the food to catch his name!)kindness and enthusiasm, plus the amazingly cozy atmosphere of sitting in Ana's home.. it was all so great. Definitely one of my favorite places I had the chance to dine in while in Europe, and they had some tough competition! Thanks again Ana and friend!

MicheleFerguson
MicheleFerguson

Yummy!

5 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2008

A wonderful eating experience!

I was apprehensive when I heard that there was no menu and just one dish available. However, Ana the extremely accommodating owner explained that she buys fresh organic veg each day and prepares a vegan dish of the day that suits those particular ingredients.

The food was really tasty and filling. There was so much attention to detail - Each ingredient had a purpose. Ana explained that certain sauces accompanied different elements of the meal to aid digestion. She also put essential oils in the food.

The decor was really cool as you will see from the link. Nice soft buddhist music in the background. We got lots of attention too(which I like and need)!

I would definitely recommend it. It is one of the best vegetarian restaurants I have ever been to in terms of overall quality of food and atmosphere. It is a little gem. I hope it remains that way. In some ways I hope it is not discovered as I never want it to lose the personal touch and charm.

Pros: Friendly owner, Really yummy food, Organic/Healthy
Cons: No wine licence, Easy to miss it as sign is tiny

Dear Owner and Manager of Anabanana: