Vegetarian Vietnamese food. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Vietnamese, Take-out
94 B John Street
Cabramatta, New South Wales 2166
+61-2-97275116

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by westcornersville
To wish
To wish

Fresh Spring rolls at An Lac

Posted on 07 / 05 / 2014

Fresh Spring Rolls live up to the high energy expectations of vegetarians. The An Lac one surely give you that. You get the round rice paper rolls and some water to dip em in. Once dipped and made just wet put the rice sheet onto the round plastic tray so the paper is laid out ready to roll. From the big plate of fresh greens and sprouts put some on the middle of the rice paper in a row. Add some veg protein piece and a bit of noodle. Start rolling from the paper edge close to you. Tuck in the sides and complete the roll. They provide a nice sauce to dip your roll into. If you don't like the fermented tofu taste ask for the sweet sauce and add some of your own chilli.

Pros: Clean , Friendly
Cons: Pari next to rail line not john street
vegiemuncher
vegiemuncher

Delicious food & helpfull waitres

Posted on 01 / 07 / 2011

Glad i traveled all the way from Sydney to try it. I will return soon to try some of the food i saw other customers eating but i couldent fit in or cary any more. Lots of take away food available.

Pros: Yummy, Cheap, Friendly
Cons: Staff have limited English
sdalcorn
sdalcorn

First visit and NOT disappointed!

Posted on 12 / 30 / 2010

I visited for a quick, LATE lunch today and the staff could not have been more accommodating. Huge menu with almost too many choices and my won tun soup and Rice with 'shredded pork' was delicious and the portion was huge. Lovely, delicate Vietnamese flavours. Tea offered with the meal a very nice touch. Will be back very soon for sure!

Pros: Choice, Quality, Price

MaitreyaBelmore
MaitreyaBelmore

Beautiful Pho but make sure no onion no garlic

Posted on 05 / 23 / 2010

Beautiful pho, really nice hearty soup, great noodles. But be careful to keep reminding them no onion and no garlic if you are on a strict Buddhist Vegetarian diet like me. I ordered summer rolls with mock prawn and ham which are so divine and huge servings (4 big rolls for only $6.00). But the sauce was suspiciously garlicky. Very strong unidentified smell. But when I asked for their confirmation, they told me definitely no garlick inside. I bought another take away summer rolls home and finally I learnt that the same sauce they gvae me earlier on actually contained garlicks! A disappointment for me. It gets me thinking if someone allergic to peanuts and were told no peanuts in their dishes (which is unlikely - most dishes has some sort of nuts) - then it would be dangerous if they dont tell the truth. But I guess all it takes is better communications with the staff next time.

Pros: Great food, Huge servings, Great value
Cons: Lied about ingredients, Has onion and garlicks
judynmaddie
judynmaddie

Do not like this place

Posted on 04 / 09 / 2009

I went here a year ago and have never been back, though it might have variety the staff are less then accommodating and were very rude. My boyfriend was talked about behind his back and his order was ruined and so was mine. They refused to change it. Wouldn't of been this way if they had taken the time to listen to the order. Food is good, but service is absolutely horrible.

Pros: yummy food
Cons: horrible staff, horrible service
westcornersville
westcornersville

Excellent food and selection

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2007

This is probably my favorite Vietnamese vegetarian restaurant that I've ever eaten at. They have a huge selection (over 100 dishes), big portions (typical of Vietnamese food, actually) and reasonable prices. They're very friendly too. Strong recommend. It's an hour away from Sydney--so a bit far--but you need some good restaurants in the outer ring too...right?

Pros: delicious, economical, excellent selection
Cons: remote (from Sydney)

Dear Owner and Manager of An Lac Vegan: