Opened since Sept 2013, its name translates to "peace and happiness." Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Take-out, Vietnamese, Asian

First Review by Rich Wildgrube
forever_vegan
forever_vegan

Amazing food, Great Atmosphere

5 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2014

I'd been meaning to try this restaurant out since seeing it open last year, as I am vegan and my sister vegetarian. Once I saw the "Vegan" signs put up we decided to give it a go.. Wow, we were not disappointed! Even the most meat-loving omnivore would be sure to enjoy their food! I got the rice noodle dish with veggies and the tofu spring rolls. Everything was so fresh and I love how there are healthy, low fat options. Oftentimes, asian places like to smother everything in oil and salt, but An Hy Quans is not one of them! Our dishes were the perfect balance of flavors, everything was delicious. We will definitely be back again. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It's also a cute restaurant inside, it's open, cool (temperature-wise), and has a nice decor. Can't recommend it enough.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 05, 2014

Pros: Good Prices, Fresh, Great tasting food
Cons: None :-)!
SamanthaLaurenFox
SamanthaLaurenFox

awesome place!

5 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2014

The service is awesome. I got my food super fast, and it was also some of the best I've ever had. I got the stir fried vegetables and tofu with rice. The menu has so many options I had to ask the server what I should get because I just couldn't make a choice. It's mostly vietnamese food, but they also have some Thai and curry varieties. The pricing was about the same as any restaurant, I think my dish was around $8, but it was a good portion size for the price. Overall, I would say this is an excellent restaurant with amazing customer service. Like I said the server really helped to differentiate between vegan/ vegetarian dishes, and also was just very friendly and passionate about the restaurant.

vsvihla
vsvihla

Wonderful!

5 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2014

The menu is extensive! As a vegan, this made it difficult to make a choice, as that is such a rare option. So I just asked if there was a spicy lemongrass tofu dish I could have... No idea what I ended up with, but it was excellent! Next time I will get a couple things and plan for leftovers!

Lisa27
Lisa27

• non-vegetarian

This place is amazing!

5 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2014

We are not vegetarians but we are always looking for healthy places to eat and delicious food. We just luckily happened by An Hy Quan and decided to try it for dinner. Our server, Bill, was great. He was very knowledgeable about the menu and gave us some great suggestions. With Bill's direction we started with the filled steamed buns and they were delicious. My husband ordered the Pho and it was the best we have had. I ordered the special Clay Pot dish which had tofu and veggies and the most amazing white sauce I have ever eaten. Bill told his his Mom, the chef, came up with the sauce while trying out new ideas in the kitchen. Keep experimenting Mom because that white sauce is to die for! Generous quantities of wonderful food, excellent service and a diverse menu. We will be back soon. Please give it a try.

Pros: excellent food, excellent service, good value and nice atmostphere
Amybeth
Amybeth

An oasis in the desert

5 Posted on 05 / 18 / 2014

I went here with my mom who can't eat gluten and my brother who is a big meat eater, and I am a vegan. We all pretty much deferred to our (very knowledgeable) server's suggestions and we all were presented with absolutely delicious dishes. My brother got something called bean curd leaf, which was a thin skin like tofu on a bed of rice noodles. All our meals were good but his was the best and although I live in NY and have eaten vegan food all over the country, I have never tasted anything like it before. It was baked and a bit crispy with a delectable sauce just the perfect amount of spicy. The server was extremely friendly and was very helpful in guiding us based on our needs. The spring rolls (standard Vietnamese fare) were great with a good peanut sauce and a fresh iced coffee with soy milk was a much needed joy. Definitely one of my all time favorite eating experiences. And we were all stuffed with left overs for $36!

gfvegan
gfvegan

Great food, great service and gluten free friendly

5 Posted on 03 / 25 / 2014

I love theses guys! I am always nervous eating at new restaurants because I have had so many that didn't take gluten free seriously and ended up getting sick. Here they were super nice and friendly, answered all my questions and told me they took peoples food sensitivities very seriously and always try to help! The have Braggs to use for gluten free dishes instead of soy sauce which is great. I really enjoyed the food all the times I have went and the restraunt was impecably clean. Five stars for food, service, cleanliness, and gluten-free friendliness!

Pros: Tasty, Gluten-free friendly, great service
Cons: none
mbentz
mbentz

great food, great place

5 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2014

Nice service and a quiet, clean, pretty restaurant. My favorite dish was the steamed bao, so soft & flavorful!

Pros: delicious food, quiet, nice restaurant, good service
LisaVegan77
LisaVegan77

Great vegan food

5 Posted on 10 / 20 / 2013

ABQ-VEG group met here tonight. Everyone was very pleased with all their dishes which included: crispy grilled fish, special hue rice noodle soup, crispy wide rice noodles, clay pot small fish and mushrooms, pho with tofu, papaya salad, cashew mock pork, vegtable rolls, and stir fried vegtables. Waiter was very nice and helped explain all the ingredients to us. Also gave group taro root tapioca pudding which was delicous. All food is vegan except for the egg noodles. Will definitely return and recommend to all vegans, vegetarians and anyone else who just likes good tasty food! Please support this new restaurant.

Pros: Lots of choices, Asian restaurant open on Sunday, Except for egg noodles all vegan
Cons: Egg noodles not vegan
sunnyday
sunnyday

Love the soup

4 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2013

So happy that somebody had put this restaurant on Happy Cow.

I had #G9 Steamed rice noodle mock pork grill meat ball. It doesn't really look like mock pork. I talked to the owner's mom, she mixed the mock pork with other stuffs, her own recipe. It's very good and it doesn't look like mock pork.

I tasted the noodle soup that my husband order, the soup is very good ++.

We had deep fried wonton for appetizer. I ordered the steamed buns to take home for breakfast. (To heat up the buns, cover it with wet paper towel and microwave for 1 minute.

I would say it's like home cooking food and mostly vegan. (except wanton and egg noodle.)

I talked to the owner's mom. She had become a vegetarian for 15 years. She just know how to cook yummy vegetarian.

I hope more and more peole go to this restaurant.

Updated from previous review on Saturday October 19, 2013

Booshamus
Booshamus

Great new Vegetarian Restaurant

5 Posted on 10 / 06 / 2013

My boyfriend and I are both vegetarians, and we noticed this new restaurant opened. We tried it today, and it was wonderful. They have many options for both vegetarian and vegan options as well. The staff was extremely nice, and the owner came out to check on us as well.
He got the cashew mock pork, and I got the bean thread stir fry vegetables and tofu. Both dishes were delicious. My boyfriend often says that he doesn't like most types of food, but he really loved this. His mock pork was extremely flavorful, and as he said, it was better than real pork and hard to tell a difference.
I actually prefer for my food to not be like meat, so my dish was perfect for me.
Please go and try this new place. I'm am hoping they get lots of business (They deserve it). While we were there, other customers were commenting that it was better than Thai Vegan, and I would agree.

Rich Wildgrube
Rich Wildgrube

Just when lamenting lack of veg restaurants

5 Posted on 09 / 26 / 2013

Excellent food on Juan Tabo! I had the Cashew Mock Pork and was able to sneak some of the Steamed Rice Noodle Mock Pork Grilled Meatball (which really doesn't describe the dish). Both were very tasty. The latter was served with fresh herbs. I believe they were Vietnamese varieties of, e.g. mint, that lend a flavor that cannot otherwise be found in this area. The herbs are home grown. I really wasn't expecting a lunchtime meal that I would normally expect for dinner in an expensive restaurant. The building housed a regular Vietnamese Restaurant that served second-rate food. Don't be confused. These are new owners and the food that I tasted was the best I have had in Albuquerque. I'll be going back often for lunch. I don't think I was just lucky enough to hit on the only two good dishes. I'll be happy to try them all. The restaurant was not crowded since they are new. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Hope they keep it going.

Pros: Excellent, tasty food, Beautiful presentation, Great staff

Dear Owner and Manager of An Hy Quan: