Serves meat, veg options available. A college-type diner. They serve seitan, hummus and eggplant wrap, cheese wrap, stuffed grape leaves, spanikopita, have vegan pastries made in house and can make almost any dish vegan. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, American, International, Take-out, Non-veg

peggyw
peggyw

Great vegan friendly place

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2013

My daughter and I stopped in for lunch after a tour of the UB campus. We had a terrific veggie burger. Good to know that for the next 4 years she has a inexpensive place to go, with great food.

evsnow
evsnow

Fave veg friendly place in Buffalo!

Posted on 12 / 11 / 2011

Amazing seitan (order the Kafta sandwich wrap and substitute with seitan) and vegan BLTs are incredible! Classic dive style diner, dingy but fun. I tried the vegan mac n' cheese but wasn't too impressed (it was dry instead of creamy). Have yet to try their soy strips or vegan breakfast items but I'm sure they're delicious. I go for the Johnny Ryan soda, fries and a sandwich. Great veggie burgers as well (have multiple types--egg plant, multi grain which is handpacked themselves, Boca and lentil). If you like vegan junk food, you won't be disappointed!

Pros: delicious, hep atmosphere :), simple food with some surprising twists!
Cons: cash only
vegangolfpro
vegangolfpro

Great Vegan Diner Food

Posted on 12 / 06 / 2011

We go to Amy's every time we visit Buffalo. The vegan breakfast is awesome; it's like $6 for homefries, broccoli & lentils, toast, and seitan. A huge meal for super cheap. The BBQ seitan sandwich is awesome too. I've never been disappointed with a meal there. The restaurant itself leaves little to be desired. If you don't mind some dinginess, then you'll enjoy it. Plus, all of the wait-staff are Ani DiFranco clones, but they are all usually pretty nice. Bring cash, they don't take plastic.

Pros: Awesome Food, Cheap, Vegan Friendly Staff
Cons: Cash Only, Hasn't been cleaned since 1986

veganstastebetter
veganstastebetter

Good and cheap

Posted on 09 / 27 / 2011

My veganized steak wrap was amazing. So was the pitcher of iced tea. The place is a [edit by staff] tho, I didnt mind it but some people would. My arm got stuck in sticky stuff on our table. The ceiling tiles are falling out, its pretty dirty. The "pastries" consisted of coffee cake and nothing else. That was dissappointing. The staff was quick and kinda friendly.

pinkbubble
pinkbubble

great place for a cheap bite!

Posted on 04 / 18 / 2011

One of the few places you can get a vegan breakfast out in Buffalo! Casual atmosphere with a large selection. Their menu is clearly labeled what is vegan. Portions are large, which makes it great value; but quality and taste of the dishes varies greatly.

Pros: cheap vegan food, good coffee, usually vegan desserts
Cons: not consistent taste, bit dirty , service can be slow when busy
star2angel4
star2angel4

Yummy

Posted on 07 / 09 / 2010

I have been to Amy's and also gotten their food as takeout. The first time I went I got the Biff Sandwich from the employee creations menu and it was awesome! BBQ seitan with a delish garlic spread.
For takeout I got the vegan french toast which was good but not something I would order as takeout again...got soggy in the to-go container, but not really their fault.
I plan on going back many times!

Pros: variety, tasty, takeout available
Cons: cramped, slow service
James Gates
James Gates

Great Place

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2009

I love to support this place. The staff is very knowledgeable about veganism and the prices are great. The only drawback would be slow service at times.

Pros: Vegan Food, Atmosphere
Dave-a-roni
Dave-a-roni

My favorite local eatery

Posted on 05 / 25 / 2009

My favorite local eatery, even though they're not completely vegan, they're VERY vegan friendly and have a lot to choose from on the menu. The atmosphere is great, very low key and DIY, all plates and mugs are different, and one is allowed to draw on there place mats and post it on the wall. They're always playing some alt. music put on by the employee's (whom are very friendly).

lynnabeana
lynnabeana

Vegan Favorite!

Posted on 05 / 20 / 2009

Delicious food in generous portions! Anything can be made vegan by holding the cheese or substituting seitan for meat. I love their soups, falafel, shawarma with seitan, vegan mac 'n cheese, and - my favorite - the veggie wet shoes (curly fries topped with lentils, onions, peppers & tomatoes) with hot sauce. It's small and offbeat, with mismatched cups and chairs and handwritten signs, but you can't beat the great food, low prices, or friendly service. (BTW, it's cash only, but there's an ATM machine in the back.)

Pros: Awesome food, Low prices, Service
Cons: Small, Not many tables
Mvs6
Mvs6

My Favorite Restaurant in Buffalo!

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2008

Almost everything can be made vegan and is delicious. The Lentil Berry without cheese, veggie wet shoes, and hummus-tabouli wrap are all awesome. The early-bird (before 9) $1.99 breakfast is awesome too. You can get it vegan and it comes with home fries, lentils, and toast. ALL DELICIOUS!

Pros: tons of vegan options, Lentil Berry Sandwich, Early-Bird vegan breakfast
Cons: None!
midnightsun007
midnightsun007

Favorite restaraunt =]

Posted on 07 / 25 / 2008

I love Amy's Place. Not only is it very close to my house, almost anything on their menu can be made vegetarian or even vegan. The food is fresh, all prepared at the restaraunt, and delicious. The hummus and tabouli wrap is my favourite. I try to go there as much as possible because it is not a chain restaraunt and is locally owned.

Pros: great food, friendly staff, locally owned
Cons: fairly small
Mimi710
Mimi710

review

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2008

I ate here when I was in Buffalo in 2005. I hate the hummus and pita plate and I remember it being really good. It was awesome to be feed vegan food so late at night (after the bars closed). I was pretty drunk when I went there so it might be interesting to go back again.

Pros: hummus, vegan options
Cons: not all vegetarian or vegan
lindsconrow
lindsconrow

I Ate At Amy's Place

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2007

Amy's Place is good for a "dive-ish" type diner. I will say I've never been served in styrofoam though. I like the lentil-berry sandwich and Cait's plate. Never waste your time on the chili. The menu clearly marks what's vegan and most meals can be made vegan just by asking for no cheese.

Pros: Highly casual, Large Portions
Cons: Bottled sodas

Dear Owner and Manager of Amy's Place: