Amici's East Coast Pizzeria

Serves meat, veg options available. Part of pizzeria chain. This location offers Daiya vegan cheese for pizza. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Take-out, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by vegan_mum
Nancy Levy
Nancy Levy

Knowledgeable Server, Good Food

4 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2013

I am an eggless vegetarian. Meaning i eat dairy, such as cheese, IF it has no animal rennet in it. In general, restaurants do not know what I'm talking about. Imagine my surprise when the female server at Amici's in Mt View not only knew what rennet was but told me only their Mozzarella cheese was rennet free!

Yes, they have Daiya cheese, but mozzarella melts much better. Their pizzas are good!!!

Pros: Mozzarella cheese without animal rennet, Good food, Reasonable prices
vegan_mum
vegan_mum

Veg-friendly tasty pizza

4 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2012

I just tried a mini size of their vegan pizza. It comes with five different veggies including broccoli on a thin crisp crust and as much Daiya cheese as you want or tolerate. Personally I don't care for the faux cheeses (I might like Dr. Cow but have yet to try it) and when I asked for very little of it they delivered exactly. It was just enough for one person but sort of expensive at $13.55 (and not organic) but they don't charge extra for the vegan cheese.

I meant to give this 5 cows but for some reason the drop down menu for ratings doesn't let me on my iPad, hence I gave 4 cows.

Pros: Semi-formal ambiance, Nice tasty all-vegan pizza, Friendly fast responsive service
Cons: A little pricey perhaps