CLOSED: AmeRAWcan Bistro

JAN 2014 revised menu is now all vegan except for bee products. Features many raw food dishes, and uses local sustainable produce. Menu is provided on an iPad at each table. Reported closed to HappyCow, June 2014. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, American, Fusion, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by Djfnw
mazin
mazin

100% Veg and Absolutely Delicious

4 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2014

The restaurant is 100% Veg--not only "veg-friendly." The food was delicious, beautifully prepared, and varied. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. I took a non-vegan colleague here and she was blown away.

Pros: Delicious, Beautiful Presentation, Friendly Service
tina.martin
tina.martin

Yum

4 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2014

The food was wonderful here. Me and a friend went in for lunch with my 2 year old niece. We all had great meals and loved the atmosphere...not too loud but not super quiet either. We are definitely going to try and make it back for one of their classes!

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, portions were nice size
kareninpdx
kareninpdx

Absolutely delicious

4 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2012

What a great find! I travel to Tacoma on business and found the bistro online. I had the salad special (blackberry, avocado and greens) and the raw enchiladas. Huge portions which was great because I took the rest back to my hotel for dinner that night. The raw enchiladas were amazing, so flavorful and delicious. Will definitely be back
Updated from previous review on Friday November 09, 2012

Pros: excellent food, large portions, great service
VegFriends
VegFriends

Refreshing!

4 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2012

Friendly staff, Nice atmosphere, cool (iPad) menu's, delicious food! We tried the raw enchiladas, which were out of this world good, the zucchini manicotti - also excellent, the kale chips were delish, and two flavors of cheesecake - very nicely done!

Pros: Friendly staff, delicious food, nice atmosphere
bstryjewski
bstryjewski

Excellent food, atmosphere and presentation

4 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2012

It was a relief to find this charming restaurant in downtown Tacoma. Finally a restaurant with vegan food that is actually healthy. No worries about finding fried faux meats here! We each tried the 4 course sampler which was plenty of food and a nice way to try a little bit of everything (especially if you and a friend each order this and share). Nice atmosphere and location. Plenty of parking nearby (at least on this Friday night!) and it was free after 6pm. We enjoyed this very much and can't wait to go back. I believe anyone would be happy with this food. It was delicious.

Pros: healthy, good value, great taste
Cons: NONE

veganmomma12
veganmomma12

Absolutely the Best

4 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2012

Me and my teenagers love this place. The food is delicous the staff is down to Earth and the price is definantley worth it. Our favorites are the crepes, pizza, Stuffed Mushrooms, and cheesecake. I took my carnavore conservative eating sister and she is bringing her friend from Renton to est here. Must go and try!

Dan
Dan
  • non-vegetarian

Great addition to Tacoma's downtown area.

4 Posted on 03 / 08 / 2012

The food on the menu is mostly vegan and raw. Excellant menu. I was pleased with every bite of my meal. Every part was pleasing to the eye and palate.

I had the four course taster. A really great option for the first timer. I chose the stuffed mushrooms, the taco salad, the zucchini Fettuccini with the Alfredo sauce and the lemon cheesecake. Even though this was called a "taster", the portions were large, it was a full meal.

The staff was fun to talk to and very willing to answer questions, but not willing to give up the recipes (sigh). I think I got to talk to the head chef/owner. Everyone there is passionate about their food.

It has a pleasant atmosphere, great staff. Being in the theater/antique downtown area, they are in a good position to reach the alternative crowd.

Great tasting food with bold flavors. Willing I go again? I'm drooling over the menu now.

Pros: Great food, Friendly, informed staff, Beautiful presentations
Cons: downtown parking
Djfnw
Djfnw

Just What Tacoma Needed

4 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2011

The food served is 95% raw and vegan. I loved the sun burger on the homemade onion bread. The freshly made juice of your choice was excellent also. I had a ginger, kale, apple mix. The dining room is spacious with a good atmosphere. Great location in downtown Tacoma on St Helens.

Pros: Healthy food, Friendly staff
Cons: Need bigger sign in front

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: AmeRAWcan Bistro: