Hotel bio-restaurant formerly called Pfeffer & Salz (Pepper and Salt) and rebranded to Amaranth in 2015. Open to the public. Since Mar 2012 it offers exclusively organic vegetarian cuisine. Sunday brunch 11am-2pm. Waterfront dining next to the Spree river. It's a little away from the center of Berlin but can be reached by public transportation. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Raw, Western, Mediterranean, European, German
Weiskopffstr. 16-17, Berlin-Kopenick (Essentis Bio Hotel)
Berlin, Germany 12459
Now Open

Mon-Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm

• Reservations required

First Review by VeraSchmittVera

so tasty, omni friend impressed!!!!

Posted on 05 / 03 / 2014

It is a bit of a treck to this place, however if you get off the train at wuhlheide you can take a really nice 20 min walk through the park past FEZ (or you can drive or take a tram from somewhere which stops right out front).

I got the very expressive special schnitzel with vegan hollandaise and white asparagus! So great but 18euro as it was massive and was a special.

My friends got the celery schnitzel at around 10 euro and the the goulash at around 10 euro too. Both were amazing!

The ambience could be improved, some music wouldn't hurt but I would defiantly come back, I imagine it would be amazing in the summertime with the big doors open.

Pros: great food, riverside , vegan
Cons: off the beaten track

Definitely worth the trip

Posted on 08 / 05 / 2013

This place is a little bit off the beaten path - but well worth the trip from the city center: You will find a quiet place along the Spree river with a special, relaxing view. Watch boats pass by while filling yourself up with traditional German fare (dumplings, red cabbage, Schnitzel, Bratwurt, Hamburgers) and wonderful deserts - everything vegetarian / vegan. The service is very friendly and helpful - we'll be back.

Pros: outside seating, health food, attached to eco hotel

Posted on 05 / 10 / 2013

We came for dinner and had great "essentis-gulasch". Friendly people, nice view to the river. Great vegetarian, organic food! Good place to go!

Pros: organic food, river side, vegetarian

wonderful easter brunch!

Posted on 04 / 04 / 2013

I already knew the essentis restaurant from last year in summer when the terrace was opened. We had cafe and cake - a perfekt sunday afternoon!

For easter brunch we came back and the huge variety of delicious vegan dishes was amazing! My favorites are: "gulasch essentis", chocolate mousse and tofu with coco creme! wow! Everything was just wunderful! Wunderful people, wunderful food, wunderful day! I will be back soon!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, nice atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Amaranth: