Serves meat, veg options available. Primarily a tea shop, but serves vegetarian cuisine (with the exception of salmon). Has fireplace seating in wintertime. Non smoking. Has internet access. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Macrobiotic, Indian, International, Non-veg

First Review by cookster
Bunuelos
Bunuelos

not really a restaurant

3 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2013

Great tea place!
But not really a place for food, we came here today during lunch hours, no lunch menu was offered, the staff said it is just a tea place with some snacks (and acted very confused why I think it is a place to eat)
We entered anyways and order a portion of everything they have, I honestly have no idea why this place is on happycow! None of the two soups are vegetarian, all I could have was a spinach pie and hummus. Which was very nice btw.
Anyways, I would give this place a 5 star,if I am rating on a tea house website, they have delicious tea, snacks and very lovely atmosphere with a fireplace. But not for happycow where I look for veggie restaurants.
Updated from previous review on Thursday January 03, 2013

Pros: good snacks , excellent tea , wide selection of tea
Cons: not even veggie friendly by my standard, no menu like previous reviewer had described.
Nebel
Nebel

Lovely teashop

5 Posted on 10 / 20 / 2010

Based on the other review on this site my boyfriend & I went here for dinner. The menu seems to have changed since the last review, or just for summer, but they only served 1 soup and some panini's, which were all sold out. Not enough food for dinner anyway :)

We went back another day for lunch, ordered a panini each and some tea, which was absolutely lovely. After that we ordered some more tea and stayed for some 1.5 hours, reading a bit. Nobody tried to chase us away or sell us more, which I think is awesome. If you like tea you should definitely go here, there's a huge selection of teas (to consume there or to take home), the ambiance is great and the staff are reserved, but friendly.

Pros: Huge selection of lovely teas, Nice ambiance, Friendly staff
cookster
cookster

Denni menu

5 Posted on 05 / 14 / 2010

While Amana only offers 1 option, it is still a superb lunch menu. In fact, I enjoy not having to decide among a million options and worrying about choices. It changes everyday. For 140 crowns you get 1 cup of tea, a salad (fruit or veggie), a veggie main course (usually a grain some main veggies/"meats" and a sauce and fresh herbs. Often of Indian, Rastafarian, or Asian inspiration ) and a desert. Served pretty quickly and warm. Excellent atmosphere for ordering a pot of tea later.

One strange thing they seem to practice there is to sugest that you buy a cake or nuts or something else. This happens especially when you are sharing tea or buy a cheaper tea.

Overall a true gem as far as tea rooms go!

Pros: Lunch menu, The best quality teas, Location/atmosphere
Cons: Pushiness

Dear Owner and Manager of Amana: