CLOSED: AM14

Based inside the Luxembourg History Museum with an outside terrace, this place offers veg food served in paper boxes. Everything is labeled. Uses products from Dutch company Vegetarian Butcher and has cakes. SHUT JAN 2015 CONFIRMED BY FB. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, European, Organic, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out
14, rue du Saint Esprit
Luxembourg
+352-621-655005

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Ldieschbourg
lissabliss
lissabliss

pleasantly surprised!

Posted on 09 / 19 / 2014

We stumbled on this one while walking around the wall and were delighted to find the mostly vegan menu. Impressed with the hipster decor (reminded us a lot of Portland) and excellent view from out on the long picnic tables. Impressive selection of vegan desserts (candied apples, churros, cupcakes, and chocolate covered fruit). We had 2 dinner deals -- drink, dessert, and main course for 15EU each. We both loved our main meal selection which was served in large mason jars (I had the peanuty noodle dish and my partner had the buger patties and potatoes). It is a deli though, so not so fresh or hot... it's better for lunch than dinner.
Updated from previous review on Friday September 19, 2014

Pros: decor / view, fast and good counter service, vegan-centric
Cons: food not hot, food not fresh
Joshilib
Joshilib

Mixed Feelings

Posted on 08 / 22 / 2014

I've been to AM14 three times. The first two times, the meals were good, with enough vegan options and excellent coffee and cakes: 4 stars. The third time, in August (the owners were not there) the meals were terrible (cold, unoriginal, over-salted). Even the coffee left to be desired. So now, I have mixed feelings about AM14. The location is consistently the best Luxembourg can offer.

Pamina
Pamina

Lovely place, but boring meals

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2014

This restaurant is part of the National History Museum and conveniently located on the Chemin de la Corniche, making it a perfect place to have lunch while exploring the UNESCO part of the city.
Service was very friendly and the menu indicates which meals are vegan. There were not that many choices and I chose the soup, which tasted well but was rather a dish I could easily have made myself - yummy, but not special or exciting at all. I also had the pocket pies for dessert, which were of the same homemade style and tasted quite bland. However, it's a very pleasant and friendly place.

Pros: Perfect location , Very friendly service, Prices are ok
Cons: Meals could be more interesting

Vera Peres
Vera Peres

Great food and terrace

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2014

I went to AM14 a couple of times and alwyas found the food delicious and the place delightful.
They have a weekly changing menu and, during summer, a barbecue every Tuesday. They have a lot of vegan choices, including desserts and ice creams, which are also many times gluten free and raw. Staff is also very friendly
This place is a great escape from serious Luxembourg and a wonderful place to spend some time working or just relaxing. A bit pricey, but I guess it's normal for Luxembourg standards.

lelei
lelei
  • non-vegetarian

Lovely!

Posted on 07 / 09 / 2014

Me (omnivore) and my friend (vegan) sought this place out our 2nd day in Luxembourg and were very pleased with what we found! An easy walk from the city hostel, and a great selection. The owner was friendly, the menu was very clear about what was vegan or veggie. The (vegan) cherry clafoutis I had was amazing! I am usually unimpressed with vegan desserts because they're often quite dry, but this was moist and flavorful. We also had the burrito, the currywurst dish, the peach streusel-type dessert, and a (vegan) hot chocolate. All were excellent, and the prices were fair, especially for the area. Recommended!

Pros: affordable, delicious, convenient
Cons: limited open hours
Kathy Quinn
Kathy Quinn

Great Vegan Find

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2014

This place was a breath of fresh air, given the German and French traditional fair in the city. We ate breakfast and lunch there and enjoyed everything. Satisfying and refreshing, without being overly filling. The desserts are fantastic and raw, full of protein and not very sweet. The staff is helpful and friendly. Menu is varied but small. Great views and nice ambience. It is tucked away at the back of the museum, so follow the signs.

MARI Yoga
MARI Yoga

Tasty, Cosy, Heart-Warming and more!

Posted on 09 / 15 / 2013

Food, Staffs, Environment and more... This place will make you very calm and happy. Tasty vegetarian/vegan/raw food & sweets, healthy juice & BIO drinks - THIS IS THE WAY FORWARD and THIS IS ONE OF "MUST TRY" PLACEs in LUXEMBOURG!
The view from AM14's terrace/windows is absolutely beautiful.

Updated from previous review on Sunday September 15, 2013

Ldieschbourg
Ldieschbourg

Great location, tasty food :)

Posted on 09 / 15 / 2013

Man I just love this place and what it's becoming.
This is the cafeteria of Luxembourg's National History Museum. Lovely place to come have a yummy lunch with a bio drink and raw cake while enjoying the view.
The staff is really nice too and that's part of the experience. The great location makes it a go-to place if you are around town. It's beautiful indoors and outdoors.

I was in charge for the graphic design (logo, branding) and illustration part, so if you like my handmade letterings behind the counter and general communication, hit the like button on my facebook page ('dish experiments') ;)

Pros: Always options for gluten free, vegan and raw, Location and view!, Affordable prices compared to Kyosk.
Cons: Note: Served in cardboard boxes.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: AM14: