Menu features a variety of dishes. Small and cozy place. English speaker on staff. Free wi-fi. Delivers within district 1 and 3. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Vietnamese, Take-out, Delivery

Floyd205
Floyd205

Breakfast from 6am

Posted on 11 / 04 / 2014

Great little place. We had three times breakfast here. It was perfect and friendly every time. They have fresh juices. English menu and very helpfull staff.

Pros: Juices
RolfLeopold
RolfLeopold

Fabulous eating place

Posted on 10 / 26 / 2014

We found the restaurant by accident through a recomendation of a buddhist monk. Once there, we went every day to eat as it is not too far away from the backpacker district and they had so many different things to try. Value for money is really excellent especially if you take the set menu. The atmosphere was great, very family like. I don't really know what to recommend as we tried so many different things and everything was really delicious. There are a couple of "fake" meat dishes, which taste almost like meat, so non-vegetarians might give it a try as well. They have an english menue and the staff speaks excellent English as well.

Pros: Delicious Food, Great Atmosphere, Good Location
littletravelbug
littletravelbug

Complimentary Moon Cake

Posted on 09 / 26 / 2014

Although we went here for dinner we were able to have the lunch time special which was a three course meal for 35,000 VND – an absolute bargain. I had lemongrass tofu with rice, seaweed and tofu soup and side of fried veggies. Although each dish was petite, the combination of all three was the perfect amount and all were tasty.

The manager, a very friendly Vietnamese man with excellent English, interacted with us throughout dinner and offered us Moon Cake to sample after we had asked some questions about the Mid-Autumn Festival. The restaurant itself is quite small and nothing too fancy but good food, friendly service and not too far from the War Museum makes for a great location and definitely worth a visit.

Pros: Friendly staff, Budget-friendly
Cons: Small

galra
galra

Great restaurant

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2014

I've been to HCMC for 2 weeks, and tried to explore the vegan options this city has to offer me. This is one of the top 3 restaurants I've been to, and it offers also a fast-vegan-sandwich on the street during morning. Try it!

Kimxula
Kimxula

Great little place :-)

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2014

Having heard good things about Am Thuc Chay Mani (and already having a few favourite veg places on Vo Van Tan street, my friend and I decided to try somewhere new the other day for quite a late lunch (by Vietnamese time, anyway). We were unsure if the restaurant was still open as the food on display outside was all finished, but we were relieved when a very friendly, English speaking waitress came outside to tell us that they were in fact still open. She showed us to our seats and gave us an English menu; my friend and I were pleasantly surprised by the range of food on offer, considering the size of the place.

I went for the steamed dumplings and green tea rice with vegetarian chicken - highly recommend both dishes, the dumplings were very flavourful and the green tea rice had a unique taste unlike any other rice dish I've had here in Saigon.

Both my friend I said we'd definitely be back soon to try more of the food on offer, as the menu certainly has some delicious sounding food and all for a very reasonable price. Am Thuc Chay Mani is a nice, simple place - unpretentious with great food and good service and perfect for vegans looking for a good meal in Saigon.

Updated from previous review on Tuesday June 24, 2014

Have since been back to have the set lunch, which is great value for money - only 35,000 dong for soup, main course and veg dish.

Have also had the banh xeo (Viet pancake) and its HUGE and got loads of yummy mushroom & bean filling...definitely enough to share between 2 people!
Updated from previous review on Thursday July 31, 2014

Pros: Reasonable prices, Variety of food, English speaking waitress
Cons: Possibly a bit hard to find..., ...but really not that difficult!
Thuy Nguyen
Thuy Nguyen

Various Vegan Menu

Posted on 07 / 08 / 2014

I am very surprised with the menu of Mani Vegan. There are so many dishes which I have never seen before. At the first time, we came as a group of 5 people so we could order many dishes and share together for trying the taste. We order Purple Rice Vermicili, Fried Cryspy Pho, Fried Breadfruit and Thai Hot Pot. All of the dishes were so good at very reasonable price. That is why we come here twice a month for enjoying delicous vegan food.

Pros: Various Dishes, Delicious meals, Reasonable Price
Kiwi Wannabe
Kiwi Wannabe

Don't Miss this Hidden Treat!

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2014

Great veg restaurant! We loved our time at Mani. We were only in Saigon a short while, but still managed to make it there twice :)

The staff was exceptionally knowledgeable and friendly and the food was phenomenal. Don't miss the rice paper wraps ;)

As other reviewers have mentioned it’s a bit tricky to find as it’s down a small alley, but don’t give up the search too early - it’s well worth it!

Wally H.
Wally H.

Absolutely Divine !

Posted on 06 / 26 / 2014

My wife and I had 3 days in HCM City and I had to admit this place was what we were seeking commonly for our vegetarian diet. The restaurant was small, tiny and fairly decorated. What surprised us was the friendly atmosphere and well English speaking staff as well as the well-described English menu. However, the manager (also the chef) came to welcome us and recommend his signature so called Mani Special Noodle and Crispy Rice Cake with Sweet & Sour Mushroom Sauce. We definitely loved to try those and the result was totally awesome! We addicted to Mani at that moment and spent the rest of our trip here for food. They had daily breakfast and set lunch which were also excellent at price and yum. We'll definitely come back. Thanks so much Mani. Love,

Pros: Superb food, Best value in money , Friendly Staff
Cons: none
Nancy Nguyen
Nancy Nguyen

Great place in HCMC

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2014

I love Com Chay Mani due to its delicious dishes, very delicious ones, escpecially Green Tea Fried Rice, the taste is so special and I keep enjoying that all times, valuable for the money that I paid

Pros: Yummy dishes, good staffs, good price
Cons: no
NhungNguyen
NhungNguyen

Awesome place with many delicious dishes

Posted on 06 / 12 / 2014

Mani Vegan (Com Chay Mani) is the first priority place for me to choose, because of its yummy dishes and good service. The taste of all dishes are very good (just like your "mom-cooked" taste). They laso have many signature dishes that I love like Green Tea Fried Rice, Crispy Steam Rice with Spicy & Sour Sauce or Mushroom Plain Rice Pancake. For me this is the best place in town, suitable price for awesome dishes

Pros: Super delicious dishes, Good Service, Suitable price
Sammykute
Sammykute

Great Local Vegetarian Restaurant

Posted on 05 / 31 / 2014

We often come to this restaurant for dinner.My favourite dishes are Pho ap chao ( Fried Cryspy Pho) and Matcha Milk. Other recommendations are Vietnamese pancake and Fried Cryspy noodle. Very delicous and very reasonable price!

Pros: Delicous, Reasonable price, Friendly staff
Malpal
Malpal

delicious

Posted on 05 / 24 / 2014

Easy to find restaurant. This was exactly what we were looking for! Friendly staff who spoke English, lots of delicious menu options, really good prices, no other tourists around. We had the set lunch, you could pick different options to have from the display out front on the street; soup, vegetables, rice and a main for 35000 dong (i think about $1.70). We got to try some traditional style Vietnamese food without having to worry about whether it was vegetarian. The lemongrass tofu and mock meat options were really good. The sweet and sour soup was delicious too. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!

philina
philina

must see in ho chi minh city

Posted on 05 / 24 / 2014

If you stay in ho chi minh city you definitely have to visit am thuc chay mani. the food was outstanding, the staff was extremely friendly and the atmosphere more than warm and welcoming. one of the best vegan restaurants and definitely worth a try. we even got the dishes we've ordered explained and the owner gave us an insight into vietnamese cuisine, plus a very tasty amuse geule was brought to our table. highly recommended!

Pros: english spoken, good location, moderate prices
Cons: none
Jeane
Jeane

Good restaurant

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2014

I had lunch at Mani restaurant. It was crowded but the service was quick and the staff friendly.
I had the dish of the day 'bun mang' (vermicelli soup with bamboo shoot, mushroom and some mock meat). It was good and cheap (30.000 vnd) and you also have a free glass of iced tea.
The restaurant is small but they have another room upstairs. There is a food stall outside so you can see some of the food and choose what you want.
I also bought a sandwich (17.000 vnd) to go and it was good even several hours later.

Opening hours: from 6.30 am to 2 pm and from 4 pm to 10 pm.

Pros: good food, cheap price, quick service
jdoyle221
jdoyle221

Great Local Food

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2014

I came here for lunch and it was a very popular place with the locals. They have great lunch specials at even better prices. I had braised jackfruit and it was very good. I also had some of their fresh spring rolls and probably the best I have had in the city. I would highly recommend trying this place out. Also has an English menu which can be very helpful

Pros: Food, Price
enRoute
enRoute

Highly recommended

Posted on 02 / 18 / 2014

Proudly vegan, clean, friendly, and in a really neat area. Highly recommended! I got a bit turned around the first time I went to look for it but an extremely friendly local was happy to bring me. Close to Saigon Vegan, and an easy walk from the city's tourist area.

Pros: Delicious, Cheap, Vegan
Quinten84
Quinten84

a local's favorite

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2013

It's a local place that cooks a bunch of dishes in the morning. Choose 3 of then for 30.000 dong all together, including rice and tea (and napkins, that neighbors charge for...).

Pros: cheap , tasty , friendly staff that speaks English
FrancaMoretto
FrancaMoretto

Love That They Deliver!

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2013

Feeling a bit ill and needed to get some rest. The hotel menu had nothing so this was a god send. I couldn't see their menu on their website on my phone so the very well-english-speaking guy reccemended some stuff. The green tea rice is great.

little.thu
little.thu

Love this place.

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2013

I'm a loyal customer of this restaurant. I ordered the bento delivery almost everyday to my office.

Dear Owner and Manager of Am Thuc Chay Mani: